Modship

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Modship
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #0
Augh. I know, I know. But I seriously would like a moderator position on this board. I've lost interest in Misc. now, and I'm becoming old. So I'd like a position here, or do I have to slay some dragons to win a prize?

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #1
One of our plans with the BoA 4th mod spot is to give it to a rising member of the community when the game releases- sort of as an incentive to get imaginitve and innovative scenarios out there. Keep that in mind.

Otherwise, I think modships on this board were handed out just to keep things calm- nothing will really be happening on this board for at least a year.

--------------------
A few cats short of a kitten pot pie...

Radioactive cats have 18 half-lives.
Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Finally, there's my Geneforge FAQ, Geneforge 2 FAQ, and
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Posts: 2831 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 154
Profile #2
I'm willing to be a mod!

--------------------
Apparently still annoying.
Infiltrator
Member # 444
Profile Homepage #3
So would I and a lot of other people. I am still working of BoE though. Why do those mean demons continue to defy me? And that stupid end monster I put in there!

[ Tuesday, October 01, 2002 13:24: Message edited by: Ouroboros Around the World ]
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #4
So to become a 'rising member' in respect to BoA... I must do... what? Anyway...

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

Shaper
Member # 22
Profile #5
I'm presuming Schrodinger means making early scenarios, playing with the editor, making graphics, that kind of thing.
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #6
Morgan is pretty much right, although in truth we don't really know for sure. Some switching of mods may take place as BoA becomes more likely. Who knows.

--------------------

Check out a great source for information on Avernum 2, Nethergate, and Subterra: Zeviz's page.
Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #7
In that case, I'm ahead of the game. I'm writing up the plot for my BoA scenario(or if it doesn't come out, BoE, perhaps) and I'm making graphics for it. I think I will qualify--even if I'm not chosen.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 147
Profile #8
Would porting Quest for Milk to BoA mark me down as a rising member of the community?
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
Uhh, does contributing graphics and owning an archive count as a contribution?

First, I want to see if BoA will be a medium worth my time. I'll also be busy with Pygmalion, if Djur gets it done (which he might or might not, but I'm still enticed).

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Senile Reptile
Member # 547
Profile #11
Yes, I guess starting the first BoA (to my knowledge) graphics archive would count as being a rising member. And you did contribute quite a lot to BoE...

Welcome to modship, TM!

(Sorry Jenkins, if you begin to contribute a lot, and be an active member in the BoA community, you'll get my recommendation from me also. So far, I think TM is the only really active member of the BoA community, besides Jeff)

--------------------
Polaris
Posts: 1614 | Registered: Wednesday, January 23 2002 08:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
Well, active is objective, but there really isn't much to do. There are also the artists who's work I store. Then again, I wouldn't mind the position, if there was some way in hell that Drakey could slip it past Linda (who, for quite literally no reason whatsoever, wants me demodded permanently).

Depending on the quality of editor and other aspects, I'll probably stick around to put out another massive series along the lines of Echoes.

--------------------
FAQSELF
Member # 3
Profile #13
For now, there probably won't be any changes, mainly because this forum is somewhat slow and more mods aren't needed as of yet. But in a year, who knows? Maybe Linda/Mariann will have forgiven TM by then ;) .

--------------------

Geneforge 3 FAQ.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #14
*snort* *cough* *hack* *wheeze*

Good one, Dingy! :P

I think that Togar brings you down to normal, non-rising member :P

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
And that War on Bigail brings you down to a Canned member with ten warnings and a Shotts scenario. :P

(Mind you, I used Togar in stead of the DoomGuard, and it worked just fine.)

--------------------
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #16
WoB is better than UA. :P

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
====
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #18
WoB is worse than Streila and UA combined. UA is actually decent, Streila has good nodework, and both are shorter, meaning less gametime.

And the tehGRICH!! is obviously better than any other scenario/series made. :P

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #20
It's not The Grinch, it's tehGRICH!!!. It's a 2-scenario series I made, as a parody to The Grinch. The first one, well... ...the second one is good, anyway. :P

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #22
Not at all. There's no way just graphics will get you in a mod spot now. There's no way a mod spot will be given out now. There's just too little to do. Maybe eventually, when you release a scenario, there'll be more of a chance of someone getting in.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 870
Profile Homepage #24
quote:
Originally posted by Buddy Katothen:
Not at all. There's no way just graphics will get you in a mod spot now. There's no way a mod spot will be given out now. There's just too little to do. Maybe eventually, when you release a scenario, there'll be more of a chance of someone getting in.
Even a million graphics?

--------------------
Siganture perishes.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #26
If you're as good as Tim, Relhan, Aceron, or Luz, then it may.

--------------------
====
====
Shock Trooper
Member # 1863
Profile #27
Well, if we're talking about togar the graphic here, it's bad but still better than salamander's skull. It's a SKULL, and it doesn't even rotate.
And Motrax, I resent the statement that TM is the only one active in BoA right now. Several people have contributed graphics to TM's archive, and others are apparently planning scenarios. I myself am part of both groups, and though I have no desire for modship, I'm still annoyed that you're disparaging our work.

--------------------
Fnord. (Insert your name here) is a capitalist pigdog.
Deus Ex Penguin: God out of the Penguin......Cogito Eggo Sum: I think, waffle I am.
If Voting could change the system, it would be against the law.
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #28
Isn't it a bit too early to be fighting for positions on a forum dedicated to a game that hadn't even come out yet? :)

Being a moderator on this board is neither a popularity contest nor a honor roll. The main requirement is whether you would make a good moderator. And this is best judged by current moderators/administrators, because they are the ones who set the rules, so they know who is best fit to enforce them. Many game board moderators were selected without ever asking for a positions.

If moderators/administratos do think that you would be a good moderator, then such things as community participation and popularity will definitely help you. However, these things are just tiebreakers between qualified candidates. Just making good graphics/webpage/scenarios doesn't mean you'll be good in keeping order on the board.

So in counclusion, if you want to become a moderator, just be yourself. Answer people's questions. Participate in BOA community when the game comes out (making scenarios, graphics, webpages, etc.) And just wait quietly until you are contacted.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #29
That's interesting. no mod spots will be given out, but the only people who are mods aren't doing anything vaguely related to BoA (whoaa--deja vu) :P

But yeah, there is nothing to do. Except make graphics. Putting them on a site isn't so great, most anyone could do that. I mean ADoS is more quallified than TM. (that's a first:))

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #30
If it weren't for those wooden walls, I'd disagree. I'd make some graphics other than what I already have, but I'm rather busy trying to finish something for the contest.

--------------------

Pages