Move mountains

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Move mountains
Shock Trooper
Member # 4214
Profile #0
Where in the Valey of the Dying things can I learn move mountains?

[ Thursday, April 08, 2004 00:41: Message edited by: Mind ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
You can't, but there are several Shattering Crystals in the school, which do the same thing. Don't waste them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, that and Piercing Crystals are worth more than their weight in gold (considerably more, in fact).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 4227
Profile #3
Yeah I hate it how there is more magic barriers in VoDT that piercing crystals

--------------------
who farted?
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by lemmy:

Yeah I hate it how there is more magic barriers in VoDT that piercing crystals
I hate have hope find a key for those barriers all along the scenario :D .

And despite I played deeply this scenario including a bunch of subquests and explored any squares and many secrets but not those. :eek:
Shock Trooper
Member # 3719
Profile Homepage #5
The relatively few crystals to barrier ratio irritates me sometimes, I can't seem to remember what was where, and too lazy to write it down so I can use them where they seem more effective.

--------------------
fishing
Warrior
Member # 4186
Profile #6
He he, you are talking about replay :) . That said, they are a high temptation to cheating in order to not spend one for junk. I'm too lazy for that and damit "Run" scenario made me spend most those had.
Warrior
Member # 2711
Profile #7
theres usualy more piercing crystals behind a barrier, though not always.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Wednesday, February 26 2003 08:00
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #8
When Piercing Crystals are limited and I don't know the spell, I save the game before using the crystal. When I find nothing worthy behind the barrier, I re-open the saved game. Works fine for Far Sight-scrolls too ...

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Shock Trooper
Member # 4239
Profile #9
There are actually a very small number of barriers that you need to pierce to get behind. The School of Magery level with all the barriers 1:lets you through a lot of them, and 2: has a secret door that bypasses them completely.
I think I had like 4 piercing crystals after that level and I explored pretty much anything I could find.

--------------------
There are two kinds of game players...those who are newbies, and those who were.
Apprentice
Member # 4160
Profile #10
Yeah you can really lose alot in the Magery School if your not careful, several are actually passable and there is a roundabout route to the downstairs.

I use spy's tactic most of the time ;)

Whenever you see a big barrier , like a line barrier in the Spiraling Crypt, I suggest learning the spell Dispel Barrier. Most of the time you only have like a 10% chance of dispeling the barrier, but if you have 10 barriers in front of you and only say, one of them needs to go, you have a good chance of destroying one.

As for Move mountains, its invaluable once you get it, especially in certain situations. (ZKR and DWTD its a nececcesary) Try to get it before you get to the Abandoned Fort in "A Small Rebellion", because that fort has ALOT of cracked walls and you can own the upper floor in no time. (Ambush bah) Its also fun to leave a place as a pile of rubble. Heee.