So, could you tell a windows user what's been changed?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: So, could you tell a windows user what's been changed?
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #0
You know, new skills, new spells, balance tweaks, stuff like that. I know there's marksmanship, which I think is a great idea - I've always liked archery for killing mages. Is it as good as we hoped it would be? And am I misinterpreting things, or will you have to buy the editor separately from the premade scenarios?

[ Friday, March 19, 2004 12:53: Message edited by: Jawaj ]

--------------------
"If you held a weapon to Fwiffo's head, he would say anything you wanted him to. In fact, if you held a vegetable to Fwiffo's head, he'd say whatever you wanted him to." - Spathi high council, Star Control 2.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
You are misinterpreting things.
Warrior
Member # 246
Profile #2
The editor is open source and is available at http://www.spiderwebsoftware.com/avernum/blades/scen_workshop.html

As for new stuff. Well considering it is using Avernum's engine I would imagine the stuff in it is very similar to Avernum 1/2/3.
Shock Trooper
Member # 1723
Profile #3
Very little has been changed. What I've seen is a new preist spell, Enduring Barrier, and the fact that special skills are obtained after your character becomes skilled enough. Also, the first character trait, the one that gives your party fame, has been replaced with a really nifty trait, Strong Back. Unlock Doors is now much less useful, I depend on my lockpicker like crazy. Chests can now be locked. You get experience added to the whole party when you unlock something or disarm a trap.

Those are the biggest things i've noticed, and they're really very small.

--------------------
I hate signatures.
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #4
Reputation has been nixed. Though I would've thought it would have been neat to see reputation carry over from scenario to scenario...

--------------------
-Daravon
Warrior
Member # 4034
Profile #5
will the scen editor work for windows?

--------------------
"When one thinks to him or herself about who they really are, They usually come out of it empty handed for the question be -not who am i-, but -what have i acheived?-"

Experimental forum
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
And what new items are there? Do any of the Exile weapons.items show up? Like Hammers, Flails, Powders?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Warrior
Member # 4034
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

And what new items are there? Do any of the Exile weapons.items show up? Like Hammers, Flails, Powders?
yea what he said. I think there should be a doc for windows users to read up on BoA so were not sitting here trying to wring out all the info from mac users.

--------------------
"When one thinks to him or herself about who they really are, They usually come out of it empty handed for the question be -not who am i-, but -what have i acheived?-"

Experimental forum
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
will the scen editor work for windows?
Stupid question.

quote:
I think the bashing weapons are in, graphically, but they act the same way as the melee weapons have through the Avernum series.
Powders, you'll be able to make yourself, if they're not in.

quote:
yea what he said. I think there should be a doc for windows users to read up on BoA so were not sitting here trying to wring out all the info from mac users.
Download BoA for Mac, get a program to unzip it, and read the docs.

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Agent
Member # 1104
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by 1098:

quote:
Download BoA for Mac, get a program to unzip it, and read the docs.

I don't think it'll unzip unless you have an emulator to transfer files around. I could post up the BoA game docs individually, and the editor docs are right here:

http://www.ipeg.com/~rlfc/boapdf.zip

--------------------
Austrian Alex
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #10
The BoA game docs are really not important. The editor docs are something that everyone should read.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00