Permanent consequences of criminality?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Permanent consequences of criminality?
Apprentice
Member # 9449
Profile #0
Is there a permanent consequence to being a criminal (taking "NY" items / killing NPCs)?

For example, if I join a scenario, slaughter a town, then leave the scenario, will my party be criminal in future scenarios? If I take NY items too, will they stay NY'ed after the scenario?

I'm feeling evil ;)
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
First, if you are careful and no one sees you take an NY item then there are no consequences. Save first since sometimes someone will see you that you didn't notice.

Second, what happens doesn't follow from scenario to scenario.

Third, there are cheat codes to remove some of the consequences if you really need to fix something to finish the scenario.

It helps to have multiple saved games in case something goes wrong. You can always delete the extras later on when you are done with the scenario.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #2
In many instances, a hostile or slaughtered town won't even follow you to the other towns in the scenario. So as long as you don't need the town to win the scenario, feel free to pillage away.

Dikiyoba.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #3
Just a note: Jeff uses a crime tolerance of 3 in his scenarios, and many designers follow suit. This means that you often get two 'free steals' where you can steal right in front of people without consequences.

This varies from scenario to scenario, though. If the author is lazy he may not set crime tolerance at all. If he's particularly draconian he may simply auto kill you for stealing. It depends.

--------------------
"Heart of Earth located in Europe, Ass of Earth located in USA."

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

If he's particularly draconian he may simply auto kill you for stealing.
As in, say, the HLPM.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00