The Nephil Search: Escape

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The Nephil Search: Escape
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
After six months into designing, I have finally decided to officially announce my second scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape. You'll be able to find more about it on my website Just click the entry of 4 - 9 - 2007, and you should get to the appropriate place.

During the designing process, I will sometimes be alpha testing the puzzles. If you want to help me with that, I would really appreciate it. Please first read the information on my website, though, so you know what you are getting into. then, if you want to help, leave your OS and email adress behind, so i can contact you when I require help.

I'm excited about this scenario, and I hope you are too. Now it's back to work for me.

[ Monday, April 09, 2007 01:19: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
I was hoping for some feedback actually, some opinions on the scenario, or some people being prepared to help. Anybody?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #2
As you know, I'll help :)

And this scenario rocks, people!

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #3
Reading the description, one thing that I like is that it sounds like you have made it connected to the world of Avernum that we know from the games, but also distinct, so that it will fit with the game story but not conflict with it. There aren't too many scenarios like that.

Sounds promising Thralni.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #4
Hmmm, I had hoped for maybe more people willing to help. Oh well, I'll hear the other opinions during beta, only problem with that, is that puzzles might be less balanced than I would like too. Anyway, thanks to you two. Glad you like it.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5012
Profile #5
So, how are you thinking about adding these custom sounds? I am a Windows user so it won't matter to me, but I'm still interested in how you're trying to import them into the game.

Anyway, this scenario seems interesting, I like it. The screenshots are great, the third one looks nice, and I'd like to see inside Upper Barton. Looks cool.

I liked your first scenario and I hope this one will be even better (which I think it will).

I hope you achive in getting those features that you wished to have, like the custom sounds and the intelligent monsters.

Good luck! I hope this turns out great! ;)

--------------------
My username?

It's a long story.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Wednesday, September 22 2004 07:00
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #6
I'm always happy to help.

Windows 2000 XP
JetGuitarist89@aol.com
Apprentice
Member # 5012
Profile #7
Actually, I'll also be happy to help out with the testing of the puzzles. I guess I didn't read the post properly the first time, I just noticed it said "help with puzzles".

I like puzzles. :P

peaguyslostbrother(at)yahoo(dot)com(dot)au
Windows XP Pro

If you need me :D

--------------------
My username?

It's a long story.
Posts: 25 | Registered: Wednesday, September 22 2004 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
So, how are you thinking about adding these custom sounds? I am a Windows user so it won't matter to me, but I'm still interested in how you're trying to import them into the game.
This is made possible by the macintosh resource manager. The Mac version of BoA stores sounds and graphics in numbered resources in its files. Scenarios include custom graphics by creating a new file containing resources, which are supposed to have different numbers from any used originally in the game. BoA then loads these in addition to the ones from its data files. However, when the resource manager loads a resource of the same type and number as one already in m emory, the new one takes precedence. Since BoA loads all the resources in the add on graphics files, including sounds, this allows a designer to override some graphics and sounds that are built into the game. I personally think that this is an example of great flexibility in the resource system, and I both wish that Jeff had harnessed it's power more and that there were an equivalent possibilities for the Windows version of the game.

To get more on topic for this thread, I'm glad to see that you have and are acting on more new ideas Thralni. Your project looks ambitious, but you've already shown that you can handle constructing a sizable scenario, so I'm looking forward to seeing how this evolves.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
Wow, I'm impressed... Thanks to you all, guys! I will contact you when I need your help. Until then I will write down your names and adresses. Thanks a bunch.

Again, thanks also for your comments. It only makes it easier for me to get working on it.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #10
Thralni, I'd be more than happy to help with anything, though when it comes to testing I might be unavailable. Just let me know when things come together.

Good to see another scenario in the caves.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 10234
Profile #11
This sounds like it has the potential to be a great one --- checked your site and sig and the latest updates are back in May, still working on it?

I realize this is a very old thread, but it seemed better to revive than post anew.

[ Monday, September 10, 2007 09:20: Message edited by: Ming ]
Canned
Member # 8014
Profile #12
It is not old if it was made only a few months ago.

Anyway, it sounds like a great scenario. I can't wait.

--------------------
Muffins n' Hell|Muffins n' Hell: The Muffins Are Back Again
I have an addiction to Spiderweb games.
I like this image
FYI, Iffy is short for Infernal Flamming Muffin.
Apprentice
Member # 7374
Profile #13
If you still need testers I'm willing to help.

Windows XP SP2
Armed_Defender(AT)hotmail(DOT)com

Thanks.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
Oh, I didn't notice people were still responding to this thread.

Ming: Yes, I'm still working on it. True, i didn't do much about it over the last month or so, but what i did work a lot on, was the Nephil language, which is a very important part of the scenario. So in summary: I didn't do a lot of actual designing, but I did do a lot of other stuff.

Defender: thanks! Yeah, I always welcome new testers.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!