Echoes: Renegade: Profanus Pyre is an *******

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Echoes: Renegade: Profanus Pyre is an *******
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
How the heel do I get past the guy!? TM makes it look bloody easy to defeat the man, but I can't for the life of me find out how to do it. His stupid spells keep killing me off all the ******* time!

*does yoga excercises to become calm again*

*sighs*

Could anybody please help me out? The battle tips section of the readme haven't helped a thing: the tips there are of no use whatsoever to me (15 is not massive damage by acid, in my opinion).

(Ephesos: Thralni, please no cursing.)

[ Friday, April 06, 2007 06:46: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #1
...You do yoga?

Never mind, not important. There's two fights with him; of which one do you speak? The first one, once you beat him into his other form, is simply a matter of waiting it out. You can't kill him here.

The second one is easier, simply lambaste him with everything you got. Make sure you spread a little of that love to the henchmen, since it's possible to get overwhelmed. Oh, and simply attacking without listening to him will make your life easier. ;)

EDIT: EDIT: I I am being am being rather rather repetitive repetitive with my with my typos typos today. today. :) :)

[ Thursday, April 05, 2007 07:25: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
I tried to think of something witty to put here.

Needless to say, I failed.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
No, I don't do yoga, it's just to portray the message.

And I'm talking about the first fight. I kept beating him, but at a certain moment he regained some strength and continud beating me up even more, so again I lot some of my characters. And it happened again. And again, and again, and another time.

Screaming, I quit BoA, ready to chuck my computer out of the window. I suck at combat, I know, but I managed to beat the immortal, to beat the heaps of brigands at the two docks, so I must be able to get past Profanus, no?

*sighs*

EDIT: Typos

[ Thursday, April 05, 2007 08:21: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #3
Pyre's first form is more a battle of luck than skill. I remember barely surviving the two attacks every round and praying that Inner Fire wouldn't bring a third or fourth attack. My trick to beating Pyre (with a HLPM minimum level req. party no less :D ) was using the Rod of Arcane Summon. If it isn't already, set your difficulty to torment, you'll want the summons to have mountains of HP to survive Pyre's onslaught and high amounts of damage. The difficulty doesn't change the amount of damage Pyre does, so, even though he gains an HP boost in torment, the damage output from summons more than makes up for it.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #4
Use radiant shield and mass healing liberally. I think there's a tome with those spells somewhere in the Red Fortress.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #5
Char editor...all at 50...save...go back in and kick some major butt

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
I'm trying all that is advised, but I just can't beat the guy. Thew problem starts when he casts "inner fire" and becomes a lot stronger. Sometimes he can cast two spells right after each other. I, of course, will be dead when he does that.

TM, thank you very much.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
Yeah, Thralni, Profanus is annoying, but he really isn't worth profanity. If he's really giving you trouble, then start off by turning down the difficulty.

But as others have said, Radiant Shield is incredibly effective. More importantly, spread out your party members, because if I remember correctly, some of his spells are area spells.

I can't remember if Slowing works on him, but give it a shot as well. Nothing grinds a custom script to a halt like not getting a combat turn. :D

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
I'm using Fracas as a madman, casting radiant shield asif I'm being chased by demons from hell, spraying acid asif I grow the stuff on trees, slowing him constanbtly, but to no evail. i tried it on torment, but the creature I summon are not affected by it, so I'll put it on easy for now (it was all the time on tough, to my great surprise). If I still don't batter him to pieces, I'll stop it, go to another scenario, and return when I'm level 60. I refuse to waist my time on it for too long.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #9
I just relied on the standard boss-killing method when I played with my 4-PC party in the betatest: Spray Profanus Pyre with Clouds of Blades and hack at him with everything I've got, and hope for the best.

It only took 6 reloads or so. :)