stuck where the rivers meet

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: stuck where the rivers meet
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #0
Hi, I'm lost in Thralni's castle (that's the ruined one, right?). Ok, there are two levels downstairs. The first is not accessible, I cannot open that gate. The second one merely makes my party sick and leads nowhere too.

I searched the hints for a hint. It says: «Go down, and go through the first door you encounter. Pull the lever, and press the button on the control panel.» But there is neither door nor control panel. The only panels I could find are in the second level, out of work.
:( I'm stuck completely.

--------------------
* add anything meaningful here
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #1
OOOHHHH ... stupid me! I didn't see that there is another stair :rolleyes:
slaps self

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #2
Double posting.

--------------------
WWJD?
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #3
Now I have another problem. I am in Thralni's trash pits, killed the alien beast, pulled the levers in order 2,3,1 - but there is no wall opening! :(
Though I can see the passage with far sight.
Any hints?

--------------------
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #4
Sorry, I haven't made it that far in the scenario yet.

--------------------
WWJD?
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #5
:( too bad, then you can't tell me where to find ingredients for explosive potions ...

I think the lever array in the hintbook is wrong. It worked with 2-1-3.

Now I lack an explosive ... sigh Why is everything in this scenario so hideously hidden? Please almighty chickens, help me open the second green barriere!

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #6
All you can do is keep fiddling with them...it worked for me...though I think 2 is first...

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #7
yeah right, Enalya. But now I found the levers being merely a small problem.
The main mystery in these caves are the confounded explosive potions! I edited my party out of town (past the second green barriere) - but now I'm prompted to re-enter that place (under Senarti town), and of course the stupid barriere is still there.
«You have not the ingredients» says the message. Hell, I think I really spoiled it this time ...
deep sigh
>_<

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #8
Yeah, you proabbly shouldn't have jumped out of town...

The ingrediants can be found by walking onto large mushrooms, or checking in all the cabinets. There are enough for you to make as many potions as you need (two or three).

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

*Name by Slarty
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
I thought the walkthrough was clear enough about this, but anyways...

*SPOILERS*

Herb patch 1

The first potion can be made with the herbs you find in a small looks-like-it's-made-of-stone box. In that room there are two (or three, I don't remember it very well) of these boxes, one with the herbs. You get to this room by (assuming you are standing at the big stairs with ruble and rocks in front of them and a magic barrier) going west en going into the corridor that goes north. at the end, before the corridor turns east, there is a door. Directly opposite this door is the room with the boxes.

Herb patch 2 and 3

Both can be found in the second cavetown, after exiting Thralni's laboratories (the first one had the glowing gates). To find the first herb patch follow the road, and go into a small tunnel filled with fire lizards. Find the mushrooms and step on them

The second patch in this town can be found by going back on the road, all the way north (where the road turns west), and taking the narow tunnel east. You will come at a place with some nests. Kill the lizards there. Now take the first passage you encounter north, slay the hydra and lizards, and take the first passage you encounter to the west. Watch out for the basilisks! Follow the tunnel and find the big muhrooms, step on them.

If you have done what i said, you found all three ingredients, so you can make three potions, which you will all need at a certain time.

And editing probably was a big mistake...

Was it the first set of barriers (out of Thralni's laboratories), or the second set (at the Senarti town)? If it was the first, you must get the save file before you edited, as vital SDFs are bound to that set of gates. Not blowing them up will prove to be a major mistake...

I will look into the problem you had with the levers. I'll test it out again (someday) and see if it's indeed incorrect what I wrote.

[ Tuesday, March 13, 2007 07:55: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #10
Woo, the Emperor himself! Thank you Thralni and Supanik for the hint with the mushrooms. I merely looked at them, hence didn't get the herbs. Tricky puzzle,Thralni ^__^

Now I have 3 special herbs (special items), mortar and pestle (inventory), and the message is: «You don't have the right ingredients.»
:( What's wrong now?

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #11
Where are you exactly, or are you trying to make a potion with the herbs you got? If the answer is *yes* to the last question, then I think you will have to start with a former save file, from before you used the editor to edit your party behind the gates. First try that, if it doesn't work, come back and we'll see what we can do.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #12
Is there a bug? Under Thralni's castle I should be able to blow up the rocks that block the stair with the third special Potion, right? I have everything I need but the message says:«You don't have the ingredients» whenever I try to make that potion. I played it again with a new party - the problem occured again.

Fortunately I found that you can blow these rocks also with spells ... Maybe you should alter the Hints.txt, Thralni?

Uff, I'm through.
It's a surprising and astonishing first scenario. I'm still dazzled. Must play it again bevor I can say something coherent, but I liked it. Congratulations to that work!

edit: Maybe I should dowload the scen again and see, if the bug ist still there. After Thralni attacked the HQ I had also strange changes in outdoor terrain: holes and cliffs and the like where have been none before.
I'm on Mac OS 9. Probably that's why ... :)

[ Wednesday, March 14, 2007 08:47: Message edited by: Meter Maid ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #13
Did you do what I told you to do? relaod a save file at a point before you started editing the location of your party?

I can't see any other reason than that for these bugs to suddenly appear, when nobody else had them previously.

Also, would you mind rating it on the Lyceum boards? i would be very gratefull.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #14
quote:
Originally written by Thralni:

Did you do what I told you to do? relaod a save file at a point before you started editing the location of your party?
quote:
Originally written by Meter Maid:

I played it again with a new party - the problem occured again.
I think that's a yes.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #15
Yes; was a yes.
I had several bugs without using the editor. E.g. when I entered the HQ (after Thralni destroyed it) one of my characters was encaged, and masscuring didn't help. Or I couldn't sell a golden goblet. I stuck in the waterfall town. But how I said, it might be the download, I'll check that out, when I find time.

;_; Have none by now. This heavy encrypted, twisted scenario ate already four days of my work units; thus I can impossibly write a review in the next times. Sorry. (See, a long scenario like this deserves a long and comprehensive critique - I won't come along with two sentences.)

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #16
I'm sorry, i didn't see that sentence.

The Empire HQ, after it is destroyed, indeed can cause your party some problems, as some unfriendly undead are roaming around.

"I stuck in the waterfall town."

How did you get stuck?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6001
Profile #17
That was pretty self-made at the waterfall: I tried to land on the bank on the east side - and was immediately outdoors. Could see the ship frozen in the sidewall. Funny sight.

edit: How about adding the above long, elaborated description of herb patches into the hints? Since you have written it ...
Couldn't find from the hints that I have to step on the mushrooms.

[ Thursday, March 15, 2007 11:42: Message edited by: Meter Maid ]

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #18
I thought that of the mushrooms to be obvious, but oh well. If you encountered any more problems, please send me an email.

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!