This barrel better be full of wine (Dilecia)

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: This barrel better be full of wine (Dilecia)
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #0
I can't get the barrel into the room with the hole in the floor. I solved the block puzzle, moved the crates out of the way, and pushed the last block into place. Try as I might, though, I can't manage to get the barrel where it needs to go. I finally got tired of it and played a different scenario to the end for a rest. Then I came back to Dilecia, and promptly cornered myself in a dead end with that wretched barrel again. Help!

[ Wednesday, January 31, 2007 22:27: Message edited by: dareva ]
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #1
I remember that being difficult when beta-testing. I got it eventually, though. You can find the solution on Lazarus's page.

--------------------
The call... of BANJULHU!
- Elan (OotS #85)
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #2
Thanks. The thing is, though, I can get it all except the actual pushing of the barrel into the proper room. I can get it to the room just before that, then I realize that I have it in a place such that I'm out of room to push it anywhere useful. And the solution doesn't help me with that part, alas.

Off to try again, though.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #3
Remember, you can move diagonally, as can the barrel.

Sadly, other then that, I can't offer any more advice. Could you try posting a screenshot of your problem?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

Remember, you can move diagonally, as can the barrel.

Sadly, other then that, I can't offer any more advice. Could you try posting a screenshot of your problem?

I had to move diagonally to get the barrel out of a couple of tight spots already, but I think I'm having problems getting it to somewhere where I can get it to somewhere else, if that makes sense.

I'll have the screenshot in a bit.
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #5
Here's the screenshot.

EDIT: final screenshot as my saved game stands now, with moved crates and all, since I screwed up and started the puzzle over.

[ Thursday, February 01, 2007 23:47: Message edited by: dareva ]
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #6
From that spot it's 4 pushes East, 1 push South, 1 push SE, 2 pushes East, 5 pushes South, 1 push West, 2 pushes SW, and 1 push South. That should get you past the tricky stuff.

[ Friday, February 02, 2007 07:12: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #7
You're past the hard part already, you're so close! But yeah, do what Gizmo said and you'll be done.

Oh, and the barrel is full of..... rocks or something I guess. Something heavy enough to trigger a switch, but unimportant and durable enough to be placed in a room surrounded by pits, with no purpose save to torment adventureres. :P

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #8
quote:
Originally written by Jewels:

From that spot it's 4 pushes East, 1 push South, 1 push SE, 2 pushes East, 5 pushes South, 1 push West, 2 pushes SW, and 1 push South. That should get you past the tricky stuff.
Thanks! I'll have to be very careful, since overzealous pushing led me to shoving the barrel off several times already.

Other than this, I have been enjoying this scenario, Lazarus, although I am a bit disappointed to hear that there are only rocks in there.
:D