More Exodus Help Needed

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: More Exodus Help Needed
Apprentice
Member # 3262
Profile #0
In Exodus, at the Bandit Camp south of Thassaka I have beaten the Bandits several times, but every time I try to leave after the battle when there are no Bandits left, it says "You flee the battle as more and more bandits come charging in. They follow and attack you from behind. You never even saw it coming.". Then my whole party dies.

The Read-me file says you "Need to get Kalthanas's help or face auto-death when leaving the town". I have talked to Kalthanas several times to see if he would offer this "help" but he never does. For this reason I enter the Bandit camp alone and get auto-deathed.

Any suggestions? :confused:
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #1
You get help from the cheif somehow. You might have to do another task first.

[ Thursday, December 28, 2006 08:51: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #2
You are not supposed to take that camp, yet. My memory is terrible, but you need to bring the entire expedition to that city. After that, I believe Kass tells you to get help from him. Then you can take the camp.

That was a little vague, I know. But I hope it helps. Even if just a little.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
I think this is a fatal bug. Do you have an earlier save before you enter the camp?

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Originally by Commodore Redmark:

quote:
After that, I believe Kass tells you to get help from him. Then you can take the camp.
It's Pithoss who tells you what to do next once the expedition is inside the city. You can't ask Kalthanas for help without talking to Pithoss.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Okay, this happened to me as well... the only way to get out of it is to use the editor and Take Out of Town. Then, walk to the north, go get the chief's permission or whatever it was, then go back to the bandit camp. You'll pretty much instantly be cleared to keep going.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 3262
Profile #6
Thanks for you suggestions. The answer was to go back to an earlier save, and then ask Pithoss what to do next. He then said go to the king Kalthanas and ask for help. That gave me the companion fighters I needed in the Bandit's Camp. I also tried using the editor to leave the town as suggested. However, that just kept causing strange errors that have me even dying in the lava fields with the text saying that the Bandits had surrounded me again. This was even though I was fighting lizards. :)
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
I don't think anyone in beta indicated problems with this section, but I'll give it another look. This is not by any means a bug — the scenario is working exactly as intended — but I might try to make what you're supposed to do a little more obvious.

Basically, you're always supposed to get instructions from Kass or Pithoss before you proceed anywhere, as the dialog messages almost invariably indicate. But I'll give this another look.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Agent
Member # 3364
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

This is not by any means a bug
Quite right, it is just an alternate ending. One of which, you generally hope not to find.

I think the 'bug' is that they can't weasle out if it using the editor. :P

[ Saturday, December 30, 2006 15:00: Message edited by: Jewels ]

--------------------
"Even the worst Terror from Hell can be transformed to a testimony from Heaven!" - Rev. David Wood 6\23\05

"Do all the good you can, by all the means you can, in all the ways you can, in all the places you can, at all the times you can, to all the people you can, as long as you ever can." - John Wesley
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #9
The main problem people have, I think, is that it's possible to save in the bandit camp after entering without help, thus putting the scenario in an unwinnable state. Making it possible to put the scenario in an unwinnable state is frowned upon even if it's intentional. I'm not sure what you could do to fix that, though.

[ Saturday, December 30, 2006 16:27: Message edited by: Cryptozoology ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #10
All it would take is blocking the party from entering the bandit camp without help. An "Up ahead, you see an army of barbaric sliths. There are far too many for you too take on alone. You should return to Thassaka and get help." or something similar would do nicely.

Dikiyoba.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #11
Thuryl: It's so easy to do that in so many BoE scenarios that I'm surprised that anyone is complaining about it in BoA. But eh, I know, and my initial thought (without looking at it) is that I'll do basically what Diki said, which is what I'd been thinking before.

I should get my computer back tomorrow, and I'll take a look at it then.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00