Resistance is futile... or is it?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Resistance is futile... or is it?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
Here's something shocking I stumbled on: contrary to popular belief, unblockable damage can in fact be blocked. I'll need to do some more testing before I'm sure, but it appears that either very heavy armor or Hardiness can counter the damage done by 'unblockable' damage. The fact that 'unblockable' damage can be deflected comes from god parties, who only take 25% to 50% of the damage, and from TM scenarios, ones that include creatures with high natural armor, which take NO damage.

Just thought you ought to know.

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #1
I noticed this when testing custom spells with a god party. It is interesting, but really not a cause for concern unless you actually expect the party to be level 250. If you really don't want damage to be blocked then use change_char_health, which as far as I know is truly unblockable.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Unless the party is wearing a Cap of Ultimate Regeneration, which regenerates 2000 health every turn. Actually, that is somewhat the premise behind lifebondnpc... But now I'm rambling.

That said, WOW, that was fast, Lazarus!

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Lazarus.:

I noticed this when testing custom spells with a god party. It is interesting, but really not a cause for concern unless you actually expect the party to be level 250. If you really don't want damage to be blocked then use change_char_health, which as far as I know is truly unblockable.
As far as unblockability goes, I prefer kill_char(), preferably with a value of 1000. :P

But yeah, scenarios shouldn't be designed with god parties in mind. Unless an auto-death is included for parties at level 250... that I could deal with.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #4
Originally by Ephesos:

quote:
As far as unblockability goes, I prefer kill_char(), preferably with a value of 1000. :P
Which reminds Dikiyoba that it's still possible to kill Brother Oakleaf (repeatedly) and live in the most recent version of Druids of Krell. :P
Agent
Member # 27
Profile #5
Hardiness still isn't worth the points on torment.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #6
UPDATE: Apparently Acid and posion damage, when caused by a call, behave the sane way. Armor and hardiness reduce damage. Talk about engine oddities.

--------------------