Major Overhaul on the Louvre

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Major Overhaul on the Louvre
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #0
As the poll indicated a 9:1 favor to pull the color edits, the color edits are now pulled from the Louvre and are available as a separate ZIP download right off the search page.

In the download are two folders. One is for Daniel Ray's edits. The other is for miscellaneous edits.

The remaining 170+ graphics are nearly all originals. The color edits that remain I feel show significant effort & change from the original - not just an entire color shift.

I probably made some mistakes here - pulling Daniel's stuff was fairly easy, but I did leave some of his things in the DB.

Please let me know if you see a need to pull any other obvious edits out of the DB, or if by chance I did pull a graphic out and should NOT have, please let me know that as well.

The records.js file is now down to 75K - an acceptable size with room to grow.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #1
Brett, nice job! It's much easier to sift through now.

--------------------
"If you held a weapon to Fwiffo's head, he would say anything you wanted him to. In fact, if you held a vegetable to Fwiffo's head, he'd say whatever you wanted him to." - Spathi high council, Star Control 2.
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #2
I find the choice of edits to leave in a bit odd. Out of 14 edits from me that you left, 8 are just simple color shifts (Alternate Lasers, Armor, Banded Walls, Carpets, Knives, Massive Walls, Mossy Walls, and Pattern Tiles)
In contrast, roughly 30 of the graphics pulled were a little more than color edits (I'm not saying that any of them should have stayed - nor do I intend to make any such statement, since I'm obviously biased.)
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #3
Wow. Now that the Lourve has its act together, maybe I should do the same. Expect some submissions from my end of the world soon.

---Your graphic maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Namothil:

I find the choice of edits to leave in a bit odd. Out of 14 edits from me that you left, 8 are just simple color shifts (Alternate Lasers, Armor, Banded Walls, Carpets, Knives, Massive Walls, Mossy Walls, and Pattern Tiles)
In contrast, roughly 30 of the graphics pulled were a little more than color edits (I'm not saying that any of them should have stayed - nor do I intend to make any such statement, since I'm obviously biased.)

How do others feel about this? Like I said, I probably made some mistakes, and would like to fix them.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #5
ahhh.... that looks much better--perhaps not as impressive, but it looks much cleaner. perhaps now people will make more graphics for it and not feel like their work is being drowned by the color-shifts. :)

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones
Bob's Big Date
Member # 3151
Profile Homepage #6
Perhaps it would suit Mr. Bixler to add some kind of mechanism for community rating of graphics? That way graphics which are low-quality (or buggy) would stick out more.

--------------------
The biggest, the baddest, and the fattest.
Infiltrator
Member # 164
Profile Homepage #7
that's a good idea... if BB could work that in, that is... unfortunately, graphics that get high ratings may be overused in scenarios... ah... i dunno... maybe it's not such a great idea.

--------------------
Awesome BoA Graphics

MSN: bleusoulilcercatore@hotmail.com
AIM: Byzantine Jones