Comments on louvres Blades of Avernum graphic database

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Comments on louvres Blades of Avernum graphic database
Apprentice
Member # 3627
Profile #0
I’m was sifting through the database and was sadly disappointed. I reckon that the graphics should be subject to a blades of exile scenario like analysis ( 2 and under would just be deleted cause of its utter crapiness). The dice told me to comment on all the artists so I must apologize before hand if I offend or misunderstand something or any misspellings, except to Daniel Ray, you really are crap.

--------------------
Destroy Order. Destroy Chaos. Let Chance create Change. Let Chance create Life.
We live as if the world was as it should be,
to show the world what it could be.
Apprentice
Member # 3627
Profile #1
I’m actually writing this as I’m going through the database
Arancayter- Tis good terrain, useful for sinister lands
Aruneko- cool character thumbs up
Bixler- its alright terrain for more out of the way lands, original creations are good
Black and BoEing- no comment just shaking my head
Budden- mostly edited items or items from exile, but his creations are great and well drawn
Cyanide- funny and modern graphics, thumbs up
E-master- it’s a nice first try
Jawaj- just geneforge ripoffs
Jigga- original… in a good way. I personally like the bloody walls
Kennedy- saving precious minutes wall making
Lundvkist- useless colour edits except if your scenario is based in lava land… nope still useless
Mann- sword colour edits and a green goblin. Yawn
Martyr-good for laughs, not much else
Milla- Talented, so far the best edits in the data base, expecting great things
Miller- well who wouldn’t want a blue dress
The Great Mister- mostly useless edits that hardly anyone would use
Naga- Awesome, Nagas got a array of artefacts, very cool creations I especially love the shadow warrior
Nesbitt, p-matt, Ragner- good starts keep up the good work
Daniel Ray- crap… absolute crap. Its got like 200 useless colour edits. Mate your untalented and you ruin the database, you really do
Spy Vatogen- Starting to follow Ray in the road of useless crap, please change paths and save you’re dignity
Stareye- good enough for me, thumbs up
The Almighty doer of stuff- I like it, original gifs. Plant monsters? Meh
Zharrad- nothing special
The Mighty Findeus- hilarious

Please do not personally send mail (your opinions, approvals, hate mails) they would be far more amusing in this topic

--------------------
Destroy Order. Destroy Chaos. Let Chance create Change. Let Chance create Life.
We live as if the world was as it should be,
to show the world what it could be.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #2
quote:
Originally written by DiceRyder:

please change paths and save you’re dignity
:nanaparty

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 461
Profile #3
Brett has said that he plans to take color edits out of the database and stick them in a zip file. Edits that clearly took some effort will still be in there though. And Diceryder, there's no need to be such a jerk. You just bashed a bunch of the people on this forum. Yes, my two pics are taken from Geneforge. But it really does a little work to copy and paste everything – it’s tedious.

Would it be copyright infringement to take stuff from non-Spidweb games? I’m thinking it would, but I just want to make sure.

[ Monday, November 17, 2003 12:13: Message edited by: Jawaj ]

--------------------
"If you held a weapon to Fwiffo's head, he would say anything you wanted him to. In fact, if you held a vegetable to Fwiffo's head, he'd say whatever you wanted him to." - Spathi high council, Star Control 2.
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Jawaj:

Would it be copyright infringement to take stuff from non-Spidweb games? I’m thinking it would, but I just want to make sure.
Yes, it would. Please don't do it.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #5
I believe that CONSTRUCTIVE criticism would achieve more here than just writing "it's crap." WHY don't you like it? Is it the colors? The shading? Lack of detail? By providing this, you accomplish two things:

1. You defend your overall assessment of the graphic.

2. You provide a positive direction for the artist to take to improve him/herself.

Also, unless your intention is to deliberately start an argument, approaching people from a constructive angle is far more likely to be positively received.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 3608
Profile Homepage #6
Show mercy to this ignorant little prick of a member, Brett.. as I won't.

Now you little worthless piece of ****, who have just ruined my already bad day.. Who are you to critisice anyone? You are barely able to use correct written english for Christ's sakes. I'm wishing this doesn't mess up YOUR drawing aswell. I would sure love to see YOUR BoA graphics. That'd be funny, have a try sometime. Or if you're too stupid, hire someone to do it for you. Okay okay, you must hire somebody. You proved your stupidness already. "All color edits are ugly I hate them and wish they were off the database!" That whining was ****ing un-needed. You could've checked the BoA forum page. A WHOLE TOPIC FOR DISCUSSING ABOUT THE MATTER!

Also, you mistyped Naja. Twice. But so you did with Yadotian Spy.. Didn't bother reading either? Too busy making up those, uhh,
sweet lines of CONSTRUCTIVE CRITISICM of yours? Well, I admit, repeating the word crap over three times in one or two sentences IS hard.

I didn't mean to bash you that hard, sorry (What? You can't talk anymore? So no loss, you never could you retard.) about that, but I saw you call MY GRAPHICS EDITS. WTF? CAN I HEAR AN EXPLANATION? HOW CAN MANY HOURS OF WORK THAT STARTED FROM A BLANK MS PAINT SHEET BE AN EDIT?

[ Monday, November 17, 2003 09:00: Message edited by: Ken Kaniff ]

--------------------
The Great Mister

kommari@gmail.com[/url]
Lifecrafter
Member # 1768
Profile #7
*silently nods and agrees*

Does that deserve a nasty title? (Just innocently wondering.)

--------------------
"Oh, North Wind, why frighten others?
In Nature's family all are brothers.
Puff and blow and wheeze and hiss;
You can't frighten Shingebiss.
Bring your frost and ice and snow;
I'm still free to come and go.
You can never frighten me,
One who never fears is FREE!"
-Shingebiss, the mighty duck
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #8
Well he's approved my work, so I can't complain full-heartedly. Hint: Nesbitt and Ragnar are the same person (me).

As far as the point of your judgement, I'm not sure, but what prompted this horrid display?

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #9
Has too much potential for argument. If you want to restart the topic with constructive criticisms, go right ahead.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00