Stuck in Za-Khazi Run

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Stuck in Za-Khazi Run
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #0
What item should I accept from Morog and how I open the doors guarded by 2 eyebeasts in the crypt tower with the docks to the north?
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #1
It's been so long since I've played this particular scenario that I don't recall anything about eyebeasts...
However, I will say that "poppy shrooms" will become a problem if you don't accept the right reward from the Lich. Shrooms. Hint. Hint.

--------------------
The Silent Assassin suggests that you go with the Amulet of Awesomeness.
Of course, said amulet only exists because he scripted it, and is not found in the Run.
So, he says, it sucks to be you.

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

All hail lord Noric, god of... well, something important, I'm sure.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
The mushroom charm is definitely the best reward to take if you're trying to get as much as possible out of her. You can find the opal without her directions, and you can steal the dragon scroll from her after getting the charm. (Be prepared for a fight, though.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Just to be more clear, there are three items that can help you get through Khoth's place: the scroll, the opal, and the Vahnatai crystal. The scroll is what Khoth really wants, but the charm is much more useful. You can steal it, however, as thuryl points out.

Getting the other two just gives you more money at the end as you sell them.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 7362
Profile Homepage #4
i just walked right through it.... If your careful you can finish the run in 11 days if you just run through the mushrooms and look where you step.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #5
You can steal some really nice treasure and special items from Morog, but if you are playing on Torment you'd better have an overpowered party for the task. For the sake of being able to explore the Za-Khazi Run without constant fear of exceeding the time limit, I prefer the anti-shrooms charm.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Warrior
Member # 5854
Profile #6
The charm to help you through the 'shrooms is nice, but, if you are running at fewer than 7 days, when you get to that cave, there is a path across where you only hit the shrooms twice.

[ Sunday, September 03, 2006 16:36: Message edited by: rivka ]
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #7
But there are many things in that silly cavern that you might want to explore. Relatively pointless things, but why miss a thing in a game like this?

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #8
The shroom charm allows you to explore the area with those mushrooms. Since you have plenty of time to get the opal or steal the scroll you might as well explore. It's more fun to see as many of the little things that are in the Run.
Warrior
Member # 4971
Profile Homepage #9
Thanks, I think that the charm is the most useful artifact for the mission too, but I´m still wanting to know how I open the doors in the crypt tower(north of the shrooms path and with a small dock) that is guarded by 2 eyebeasts. And where is Khoth´s cave?
Posts: 65 | Registered: Wednesday, September 15 2004 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Khoth's lair is at the end of the scenario. You can't miss it.

As for the crypt, you're going to have to disturb a few bodies to get the key you need.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
quote:
Originally written by Dado:

I´m still wanting to know how I open the doors in the crypt tower(north of the shrooms path and with a small dock) that is guarded by 2 eyebeasts.
Unlock Doors is required, I believe. If that's not it, then you have to go break some crystals and re-kill some undead, like Thuryl said.

EDIT: typo.

[ Wednesday, September 06, 2006 07:41: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #12
You must kill all of the keybearers and break their corresponding crystals. I believe there is one in each corner. Then you will get the key that opens the doors.

--------------------
====
====
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

You must kill all of the keybearers and break their corresponding crystals.
I thought there was just one, and it moved around a lot. But anyway, break the crystals first, or you'll be very annoyed.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.