More questions...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: More questions...
Apprentice
Member # 3175
Profile #0
Will we be able to add custom sound / graphical effects for spells and actions?
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #1
No.

I guess technically you CAN add new effects for certain things, but you'd have to make a new, scenario-specific special skill in order to do that. As far as applying new effects to spells and the such, as I understand, no.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 57
Profile #2
It would good if blades of Avernum has better sound fx's such as when killing monsters instead of stupid pig sounds from goblins :mad: and more varaity from humaniods and humans :P
Apprentice
Member # 3175
Profile #3
So, you can't alter exsisting spells or effects but you can add new ones via a new scenario.
Warrior
Member # 3251
Profile Homepage #4
What is this, Marathon oo or Escape Velocity? Think about it this way: the point of Blades of [anything] is that the user can create one party and play many or even all scenarios with them. So if Ice Lances hits all enemies for 1000 damage and casts War Blessing and Haste on all allies no matter the level of it in one game, the user would be tempted to not level that up at all and would probably die later on (especially since he most likely would have worked to give all party members this spell, then spend his money on stupid things) whenever he would do other scenarios from lack of effective character developement.

Besides, changing the physics of the spell basically changes out the spell entirely. I mean, in a lot of games, there are spells like Firebolt and Fireball that are entirely the same except for damage. You might as well ask if you can overhaul the engine.

I suppose one could use ResCompare or Installer VISE software to provide supplemental sound and graphical data but I don't know if they'll put such a big file on the site. Crap, why don't you try to put music to your scenario while you're at it? ;)

And if yer gonna put music to yer scenario...I suggest-... pffbt! I can't even type it. The anger that would come about by mentioning that three letter name AGAIN would be too much :D

--------------------
...and all was laid to burnination...
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #5
New spells will only be loosely so - they'd be abilities that can only be used once per day, but they can call scripts and therefore be used as spells.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #6
Do they HAVE to be used once per day? We can set that differently can't we?

Trogdor, what are you talking about? Maybe it's just me, but none of that seemed relavent. No one said anything about changing the physics of spells. And NO, we cannot add addition sounds to our scenarios. And (...) I can't imagine any three-lettered music genres in any Spiderweb games. I shudder at the thought.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Warrior
Member # 3251
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by Ouxe:

So, you can't alter exsisting spells or effects but you can add new ones via a new scenario.
I guess I just imagined this post then. Also, I do believe I said "supplemental", not "additional". Get a dictionary. If yer trying to make me look like a jerk, you MUST be going at it all wrong ('cause let me tell you, I AM a pretty big one ;) ).

[ Tuesday, August 12, 2003 21:44: Message edited by: Trogdor the Burninator ]

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 3175
Profile #8
Trog, I think you are being overly sensative. That post which you quoted was in response to the first reply of my post. I was making a clarification statement in an attempt to fully understand the response made to my initial post.

Sorry you went ape**** for nothing.
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #9
I didn't mean that as it came out, I saw that but couldn't really change it to make it lighter. I just didn't see where you saw that, maybe I missed a post.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Warrior
Member # 3251
Profile Homepage #10
Let's just forget the whole thing ;)

--------------------
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #11
Easily done. I'm tired of fummbling around with words trying to apologize. Sorry...

I wish I had more posts.

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Shock Trooper
Member # 1207
Profile #12
Maybe if Jeff implements it we could be able to change the sounds or visual effects of a spell. That'd be cool. Maybe we could campaign to make him give us a file of extra sounds of all varieties.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #13
There already are some alternative spell effects in the Louvre (I don't know who made them, can't remember). Would be a shame if we couldn't use them... :(

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.