Large Graphics

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Large Graphics
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #0
Is it possible to create graphics larger than 2 icons? I've tired mixing 2 icon high graphics with a custom floor (bottom 1/3).

I know previous games have taller graphics, but was the capability not included in BoA?

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
No, previous games did not have taller graphics.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 169
Profile #2
Sure about that? The spire in Nethergate is three icons high (Judging from the image's inclusion in Avernum files), and three icons exist for one pillar style in Avernum 2 (I presume the same graphic is used in 1 and 3, but am not sure). Check G724. Not sure if all three are used in the second case.

That said, I don't think it's possible in BoA.

[ Friday, June 04, 2004 01:51: Message edited by: Namothil ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #3
The three-space pillar is indeed used in A1-2, although IIRC, Jeff dropped it in A3. A damn shame, too- that pillar was friggin' awesome!
Eh. -_-

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #4
Well...

If you weren't goin to have anything on the space directly above the space where you wanted to put the graphic, you could put a two-part terrain there, leave the bottom blank, and then use the upper part to make the upper third of the other graphic. If you made it so the party could wak through it, it would be pretty much like one terrain. If that didn't make sense, sorry.
Infiltrator
Member # 148
Profile #5
Oh, I figured out a another method using 1 space.

Use a custom floor with the bottom third + floor type.

Then use a 2 part terrain with any needed offsets to line it up.

The gripe would be making a unique floor. But there is plenty of free space in the floor lists so I have no worries.

--------------------
My ego is bigger than yours.