Kilt & Bagpipes Please

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Kilt & Bagpipes Please
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #0
Lacking the artisitic talent to create such items for myself, I was wondering if somebody out there could fix up a couple of custom item graphics for me.

1. Kilt — nice plaid design, maybe red and black. Need two graphics, one for the floor, one for the get/inventory windows.

2. Bagpipes — similar plaid design, maybe a different color scheme than the kilt. Also needs two graphics.

You can go ahead and put these four graphics in their own sheet. The sheet number doesn't matter, I can fix that later with ResEdit.

Much obliged!

PS - Don't worry, my scenario does NOT take place in the Scottish highlands. That would be silly. The scenario takes place in a region where kilts and pipes were used hundreds of years previously.
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #1
'Spose I could do something up...

Inspiration levels as of late for BoA Graphics have been below zero though. Maybe when the game finally comes out for the rest of us...

---Your Windowed maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #2
I'm in no hurry. For one thing, I'll be out of town and delinked from my internet umbilical for the next two weeks...

Besides, I can work on the plot and dialogue of the scenario WITHOUT kilt and bagpipes graphics! Imagine that!
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #3
Righto. I'm back in town and ready to receive any bagpipes and/or kilts that may be ready to be shipped hither!

icshi@earthlink.net

Many thanks.
Warrior
Member # 3025
Profile #4
Hi... not to be too picky, but being Scottish it goes with the territory. The cross-check design or pattern of a kilt is not "plaid", but "tartan"; depending on how technical you want to get, the plaid is either the entire garment (the earlier version from which the kilt evolved) or the sash worn with the kilt (in the modern version).

None of which has anything to do with whether there should be kilt-related graphics in BoA. As far as I'm concerned, so much the better. However, from descriptions of its dank, drafty environment, I can't imagine that Avernum is an ideal kilt-wearing location... then again, come to think of it, neither is Scotland...

Jackstraw

--------------------
"You'd better be prepared for the jump into hyperspace. It's unpleasantly like being drunk."
"What's so unpleasant about being drunk?"
"Ask a glass of water."
- Douglas Adams
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #5
I would hope that those wearing said kilts would be wearing them on the surface.

--------------------
-Daravon
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by jackstraw:

The cross-check design or pattern of a kilt is not "plaid", but "tartan"; depending on how technical you want to get, the plaid is either the entire garment (the earlier version from which the kilt evolved) or the sash worn with the kilt (in the modern version).

Thanks for that interesting tidbit of information — I stand corrected. It's been a while since I've been to a Scottish festival (used to go to one in the wonderful Estes Park in Colorado, when I lived there), so I'm very rusty with such things.

By the way, these kilts will be used on the surface world. It's far in the north, though, so pretty much the same conditions under which the Scots live. So the same mystery of "who the heck got that crazy idea in a cold, damp climate?" remains unanswered...
Warrior
Member # 2711
Profile #7
skirts are a form of simple clothing, much easier to make than pants. Come to think of it Avernum is a place where it would make sense to wear kilts, for all practical matters its just a cloth tied together at one end, the designs and thingys are completely unnecessary.
Posts: 126 | Registered: Wednesday, February 26 2003 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #8
I think the Avernites should wear togas. They're just a sheet, and they eliminate even the inconvenience of needing separate articles for top and bottom. But Jeff did not make the Avernites toga-wearers, so what can we do? (Answer: steal some Nethergate graphics and make a scenario featuring Avernum dwellers modeling a chic new look.)

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 3220
Profile #9
No tunics under the togas? Granted, they're not pants, but still, it's some sort of undergarment.