Please fix these annoying things in boa

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Please fix these annoying things in boa
Apprentice
Member # 3132
Profile #0
1. When a character does not have a free slot anymore, but for example has 3 fine crystals stacked and I want to add another fine crystal it should stack them with the existing 3 and not first look if there is a free slot.

Something like this:
bool addItemToInventory(Item* x)
{
if (inventoryfull)
{
if (x->isEquipable && this->canEquip(x) && this->canCarry(x))
{
if (prompt("Item does not fit in inventory, but can be equipped. Beware if item is cursed"))
{
this->equip(x);
return true;
}
}
else if (x->isStackable && this->haveAtLeastOne(x) && this->canCarry(x))
{
this->stackInInventory(x);
return true;
}
else
{
printf("Character does not have free space");
return false;
}
}
else
{
/* standard behavior */
}
}
It would be really nice not to drop an item temporarly before picking up e.g. missles that could be equipped right away.

2. More Keyboard functionalty!! Reduce mouse use to a minimum. Keyboard is way faster.
"l a, l b, l c" is much faster for searching through shelves than "click on look, click on shelf, click on look,...". An option to make look persistent would be even faster. "option-l a b c esc" or command-l or whatever. Nearly all screens should have keyboard shortcuts.

Sincerely,
don
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
All of these things are inherent in the Avernum engine.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #2
The first release of A3 did have the item getting problem with stacking and it wasn't possible to hold down option to look multiple times while using the letter keys to look. I don't know if these were fixed later, but they were semi-problems that were present.

—Alorael, who can handle the two keystrokes instead of one for looking. The stacking glitch really is an inconvenience while trying to fit loot in as compact a space as possible.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #3
Amazingly, on Windows (I don't know about Mac), right-clicking activates the look command. So your complaint about having to click on the 'Eye' button isn't entirely correct...

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #4
Actually, he very well could be addressing the problem as to an Avernum (Not A2/A3) set up. In Avernum the original, right clicking is the same as left clicking. (Which is something I never personally understood. If Avernum is supposed to be an upgrade to Exile, then why was that feature taken out? Nostalgia of annoyance from the original Exile where the same problem existed? o.O). However, yes, in Avernum 2 and 3 this problem is remedied. At least, as stated, on the PC. Not having a Mac myself, I only know that there are large differences between the two versions, not exactly what those differences are.

---Your Hotkey activated maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Razordisk Frisbee Golf
Apprentice
Member # 3132
Profile #5
There is no right-mouse button on a mac :)

I also noticed that "save as" is not what one thinks. Save always goes to the file that was last opened. With "save as" one might think following saves will go to the new file, but they dont.
So when you save as, you have to open the new file immediately afterwards or the game will still be saved to the old file.
Warrior
Member # 720
Profile #6
doesn't do that for me... (the "save as.." thing)

--------------------
-Daravon
Guardian
Member # 2238
Profile Homepage #7
Me either.

And the "one mouse button on Macs" thing isn't too true either. I used to have a Mac, back a couple years ago, and while it came with a single button mouse, I bought a multi-button one. And it worked great. Until I tried to upgrade to MacOS-8, and effectivly killed my computer. Oh, how I miss ye, dear Mac. Ye was so faithful, unlike this piece of crap Windows I'm using now. I'll let you know when I want "fries" with my order... get rid of this extra crap.

[Edit:] Hmm. I seem to have wandered a bit off topic...

[ Sunday, June 22, 2003 17:48: Message edited by: EEP_Karzoth ]

--------------------
DEMON PLAY,
DEMON OUT!
Posts: 1582 | Registered: Wednesday, November 13 2002 08:00