Canopy help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Canopy help
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #0
School is over!! Which means more time to read books, more time to play BOA, and hopefully more time to work on the scenario I started three months ago!

Anyway, the nature of my post is that I am having trouble in the last battle in Canopy with Tahison(sp?) and his dudes. I have a level 51-53 party and these guys just eat my party up. I've realized that I have to get into combat mode before I start talking to Tahison so that I have the advantage of beginning combat, and I have potions, spells (except for cloud of blades which was disabled for this scenario), and I have the custom spells as well that were collected throughout the scenario. But I still get murdered. Any strategy ideas?????
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #1
1. Kill all of the archers. They're the heaviest damage-dealers in this fight.

2. Take care of the magi/priests ASAP. They will do nasty things to you.

3. If Klugmann is the one still alive rather than Todmacher, he is an immediate target since he will cast mass bless/haste/shield spells on your enemies and mass curse/slow/weaken spells on you. If Todmacher is alive instead, it's still a good idea to kill him anyway.

4. Hit Trahison with Baldev/Flammenrueckstoss for massive damage.

If these don't work, tell me: What are you doing to whom, and what is killing you the most often?

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
Lichtschild is a good spell to use, if you've found it. Keeping your party invulnerable and blessed all the time is always a good strategy, and especially so when you're surrounded by nasty enemies. It costs a lot of spell points, but there are plenty of energy potions for sale in the scenario so that shouldn't be a problem. (If you're going to rely on being invulnerable, kill Todmacher quickly, since he can negate your invulnerability.)

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5861
Profile Homepage #3
I finally finished that battle! Thanks Keto-san for the tips on getting rid of the archers and mages first. I just saved Trahison till the very last. Egads - I thought that was the final battle!!! It's not, now I've been "possessed" by Emery and am going to take on Sud Canopy. Yikes!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by iluvhorses:

Thanks Keto-san for the tips on getting rid of the archers and mages first.
Keto-san is actually Terror's Martyr, the one who made Canopy. Also, General Shroud is even tougher than Trahison. Just thought I'd warn you (come to think of it, I don't think I was ever able to beat Shroud, mainly due to a bug with the Archangel spell, but it's been a long time since I last played it).
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Archangel isn't that good a spell, really. The best way to kill Shroud is to do as much damage in as little time as possible. Baldev is good for this. If you have more than one spellcaster in your party, pass it from one (hasted) spellcaster to the next after each has used it once so that you can get 3 or 4 Baldevs off in a round (more, if you have the Divinely Touched trait or can spare some Heroic Brew to boost your AP to crazy-high levels). By combining the Baldev barrage with a sustained assault from your fighters and archers, you can wipe out all three of his forms in two or three rounds; if you can ensure that he only gets one chance to attack, he probably won't kill a party member. (I did all this on Torment with a party that started the scenario at level 20 and finished around 25, by the way, so it should be even easier for a saner player).

In earlier versions of Canopy, summoning Shinigami could wipe out Shroud's final form in one hit; I believe that TM, after swearing at me a little for finding this out, changed that in the latest version.

[ Wednesday, May 24, 2006 04:44: Message edited by: Thuryl ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #6
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

pass it from one (hasted) spellcaster to the next after each has used it once so that you can get 3 or 4 Baldevs off in a round (more, if you have the Divinely Touched trait or can spare some Heroic Brew to boost your AP to crazy-high levels
I am such a n00b, I guess. Thanks for the tips, Thuryl (now why didn't I think of that!). :)
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 7148
Profile #7
Last time I played through Canopy, there was a little bug about Shroud that I found. If there's a monster standing on his space when he walks in, he won't do anything until his third form, when he knocks them all out.

Made me feel bad that I could just pelt rocks at him for his first two forms and watch my efreets breathe on him. And he couldn't do anything about it. :)
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by be_cavalier:

If there's a monster standing on his space when he walks in, he won't do anything
I'm pretty sure that this happens for every creature. Violating the whole "two things cannot occupy the same space" rule does strange things...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.