A Good Beginning: Update

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Good Beginning: Update
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #0
I know, I know... posting an update is a BAD thing - especially when I could be polishing up my scenario, but I did say it'd be ready for today, and I need to explain why it isn't.

Firstly, my computer died. Meaning I've just reinstalled my OS. Luckily, I had just backed-up, so I lost none of my work, but I did lose my scenario editor, and the game. So I'm downloading/petitioning Jeff for a new key as we speak...

Secondly, I only recieved the graphics from Luz last night, and need to slot them in. He did most of the work though! Thanks Luz, again.

Thirdly, "real life" is being a jackass. I'm at work tomorrow and Saturday, *and* I have an essay to do for Monday. Whilst all I need to do is write dialogue for half a town, and add a few special nodes, I'm looking at Sunday evening as my only slot for doing that. Which bites.

So, in all seriousness, I'm hoping to have an alpha done for Monday, weather permitting. Then it'll take a day or two to iron it all out.

And that's about it...

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?

Shock Trooper
Member # 6821
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by SupaNik:

I know, I know... posting an update is a BAD thing - especially when I could be polishing up my scenario, but I did say it'd be ready for today, and I need to explain why it isn't.

Firstly, my computer died. Meaning I've just reinstalled my OS. Luckily, I had just backed-up, so I lost none of my work, but I did lose my scenario editor, and the game. So I'm downloading/petitioning Jeff for a new key as we speak...

Secondly, I only recieved the graphics from Luz last night, and need to slot them in. He did most of the work though! Thanks Luz, again.

Thirdly, "real life" is being a jackass. I'm at work tomorrow and Saturday, *and* I have an essay to do for Monday. Whilst all I need to do is write dialogue for half a town, and add a few special nodes, I'm looking at Sunday evening as my only slot for doing that. Which bites.

So, in all seriousness, I'm hoping to have an alpha done for Monday, weather permitting. Then it'll take a day or two to iron it all out.

And that's about it...

Congrats, SupaNik!
(At last, a new scenario... :D )
Posts: 363 | Registered: Wednesday, February 22 2006 08:00
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
That's really, really to bad. I'm dying to play your scenario. I wonder if it is a coincidence that your computer died simulaniously with my mother's computer. Her OS also had to be reinstalled.

I really hadn't thought my scenario would ready for alpha testing earlier than yours. Life is a strange thing, and I don't see why I should change it.

Good luck with your job and whatever you have to do, though.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #3
Luz is a she.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #4
As I've said before, I can't wait to see it.

Real life really does get in the way of this stuff... and vice versa, honestly.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #5
quote:
Originally written by Ash Lael:

Luz is a she.
My bad. Sorry Luz!

She really is a great artist though...

Right, so an update of the update. I have a registered copy of BoA. I have a text editor, and my scenario. I need to get the 3D Editor ('cus the 2D one sucks major), and then I'm gonna have an all-night slog. Which in real terms means I'll write 'til I fall asleep.

I just played through it, and there aren't any major bugs, and it is winnable (although you do need to set a flag manually). So that Monday deadline looks easily meet-able.

Oh, and Thralni, I'm still gunning to beat your beta-call! And my "job" is serving chips to snooty customers... so I come home absolutely knackered and stinking of fat. Wonderful, huh?

--------------------
And when you want to Live
How do you start?
Where do you go?
Who do you need to know?