Question

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question
Too Sexy for my Title
Member # 5654
Profile #0
I'm not sure if this has been answered before, probably has, but can anyone tell me how do I get into the stupid building in the demon fortress in Backwater without getting fried?
Is it that easy or is it just me being stupid?
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #1
You need the Demon Amulet, which is in the goblin lair. Get it, then have Bearworth look at it.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #2
Speaking of!
I'm stuck there as well.

The "goblin amulet"? Skull with claw marks on and stuff?

I have that, friendly Mister Bearworth looked at it -but sadly refuses to do so again- and I still get toasted. Can't really equip a special item, so what do I do? Did I miss something?

One thing comes to mind though: I tend to run around and explore a lot first, because I like to know what's where on the map before getting hammered to pieces by someone. I collect quests as I come across them, and then complete them later on in a random geographical order, rather than in the order they were given. I like randomly zigzagging the map - but not when theres a job I want to get done. I'm aware that this sometimes leads to unexpected results. For example, in DoK I walked into Brother Oakleaf (if I remember his name correctly) who asked me whether I had brought all the items from the temple, before he ever asked me to go and get anything. So I was a bit "What items?!? You been smoking any of those funny herbs again?!" but later realised that I wasn't supposed to sneak around there until later. Oh, and I killed the dragons before getting the quest to do so (stomp it first, ask questions later), then had to go and pretend to do it again in order for anyone to accept that I already did it. Funny :)

So - did I manage to do a similar thing here or do I have the wrong amulet?

Oh, I also opted to storm the valley entrance with the demons after I found the tunnel into the valley (talk about back-stabbing, haha). I just can't resist such a good fight. It took some attempts, but I flattened them at last.Was I supposed to not do that?

Laurana

Niemand:
Dosenöffner, haha - den hätte ich gerne um die blöden Flammenwerfer da abzubauen.... *grins*

[ Saturday, October 29, 2005 13:54: Message edited by: Laurana ]

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #3
You can also take the amulet to the vampire, Mosadorl as well, the end effect is the same, but which path you can take depends on some actions earlier toward the vampire.

That thing in DoK with Oakleaf appearing from nowhere to yell at you was just a bug that occurred because Ephesos was in a hurry to finish his scenario before the deadline. I think that he has fixed that in the newest version.

I think that it really doesn't matter whether you destroy the group of demons a the gate or not, though you are not expected to.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #4
How many think the demon amulet thing is an idiotic puzzle?

Laurana: You didn't attack the vampire, did you? Because if you did and didn't get the ancient tome from the vampire's upper tower, then you're stuck. You see, Bearworth can only enchant the amulet if you have Mosadorl's ancient tome and if you walk out of the upper tower and have banished the vampire the stairway upstairs collapses.

Come to think of it, even if you didn't attack the vampire I should probably fix that...

edit: ... and I did. My site has the latest version now.

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 22:03: Message edited by: Smoo ]

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #5
Ah!

No, I didn't kill him. He was nice to me, and I'm a sucker for well-dressed men with good manners... (no pun intended, hehe)

I also didn't make any further comments about Mahrmmrrh, because I decided that he's not a danger to the general public and liked his attitude about repaying a debt by serving Tybonson, even though it must be pretty difficult to live among humans who mostly despise nephils. Very honourable.

I'll go and get the newest version now.

Thank you Smoo :)

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!