The madness continues...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: The madness continues...
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #0
Place your bets. How far can I get into Bahssikava with a level 1 party?

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I'll be moderately impressed if you get past the mutant lizards at the start. I'll be very impressed if you get past the Drake Lord. I'll be stunned if you get past the Slith Avatars. If you can get that far, you can probably beat the scenario.

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 05:13: Message edited by: Explode Thuryl Now ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 136
Profile Homepage #2
As far as you can go without fighting nor solving XP rewarding quests. As soon as you win any of these, at least one of your characters will be Level 2. :P
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Mab:

As far as you can go without fighting nor solving XP rewarding quests. As soon as you win any of these, at least one of your characters will be Level 2. :P
Pedant. You know what I meant. :P

(you're also wrong - I killed 4 mutant lizards and 4 drakes before I went up a level)

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Warrior
Member # 4710
Profile #4
This is one of those times when I wish we could have a visual replay of your successes. Would certainly be interesting to watch in action, for sure.

--------------------
Life is short. Use a Mac.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #5
Eh, it'd get boring quick. I reload a lot. :P

Mind, if it was just the SUCCESSES, it would be pretty cool.

EDIT: ...and after slogging away for a couple of hours, I finally manage to get through the first level. The Drakes weren't much bother, but those Huge Mutant Lizards were a tremendous pain.

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 07:03: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
I imagine that, since it's always possible to retreat and heal, you'll be able to win. I expect the first spawner in Ancient Bahssikava will be the biggest challenge, since you'll have to go through fast enough that the spawning room doesn't get out of hand.

You can pretty much dodge the spawners in the Catacombs, so that should't be a problem. Missile-users should take down the avatars. And then the N-K stuff should be easy by comparison.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #7
While your faith in my abilities is flattering, the Drake Lord fight has me over a barrel. I can't even GET to the Lord himself! Nothing I can do about that one.

It's not possible to retreat and recharge while one of your guys is running around rogue, y'see.

EDIT: Just so this topic doesn't go to waste, I might try some other scenario. But not tonight.

[ Friday, October 28, 2005 07:59: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
Try Canopy. I mean, not level 1. Obviously. (It's impossible that way.) But maybe, um, level 15? Thuryl did 25-torment. See if you can beat that.

(And for the rest of you, beat C legitimately, period. It really is a challenge of your abilities if you can do it at the appropriate levels.)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by Ima ni TM wo Bakuretsu ****e:

Try Canopy. I mean, not level 1. Obviously. (It's impossible that way.) But maybe, um, level 15? Thuryl did 25-torment. See if you can beat that.
Hmm. Maybe.

Anyone else got a challenge for me?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Make a scenario? :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #11
No kidding, Ash. If you've got the free time to beat DwtD with a level-1 party without magic and with heavy disadvantages, not to mention the time to try similar feats for other scenarios, then you've got the time to make a scenario.

Come to think of it, you should make one that can't be beaten like you've done with DwtD (like Bahss appears to be).

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #12
If I had BoE, I probably would give it a shot. But designing in BoA is such a drag for me.

EDIT: Trying Canopy with a level 15 party now. Finally beat the Bugbear guards after ages of trying - I had to kill a couple and run away over and over till I levelled up enough to take on the lot of them.

EDIT 2: Alright, why is it that I die every time I kill the Bugbear Mage? Surely this isn't just something I have to live (die?) with.

EDIT 3: Got around that by having him killed by a summoned monster. Now I've got 8 of the symbols, and can't find the last one. Far sight is telling me that there are secret passages in the caverns, but I can't get into them.

EDIT 4: He then has the incredibly clever idea to check the hint file. Duh.

EDIT 5: Okay, going in with a pure missile/magic party was a bad idea. Stupid holy warriors. This brings this attempt at Canopy to a close.

[ Sunday, October 30, 2005 01:26: Message edited by: Ash Lael ]

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #13
... :D

(Don't worry- you'd be Stomped Out by the demon statue anyway.)

EDIT: Try summoning some heavy-duty bruisers for the Holy Warriors fight.

[ Sunday, October 30, 2005 12:25: Message edited by: Ima ni TM wo Bakuretsu Shite ]

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00