ASR: Empire vs. Rebels

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: ASR: Empire vs. Rebels
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #0
Having recently started on this scenario and finding it hard to choose a side (I'm exploring the map, biding my time instead), I decided to search for old posts to see what others before me thought about the choices.

And from what I've read, the general opinion mirrors my own: there's no easy decision, because both side are "evil".

On one hand, the empire's feudal system is being abused by Lord Volpe, but on the other hand, the rebels seem to be bloodthirsty terrorist extremists.

I noticed a mention of how it's possible to kill both groups' leaders, and I was wondering, is this an "official" scenario path?

Or is it simply a matter of siding with one group, then just killing the leader of the other later?

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Ultimately, you can only work for one side, and you just wind up killing the other's leader in the end.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #2
I see, pity.

It would be nice to have a third official option where you go on a rampage, clean out the island of corruption and end up the Almighty And Powerful Ruler of Morrow Isle.

Alright, then, so morals put aside... are there major differences between the two sides insofar as xp gained (does one side or the other give you more xp-giving quests? More monsters to fight?) or items gained (are there certain treasures that can only be accessed through following a specific storyline that are particularly worth it)?

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #3
Playing the Empire side is much more fun, especially in terms of the final dungeon.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #4
Okay, I'm at the point where I have to choose a side.

To get the chance of killing both leaders (Stalker & Jaen), do I have to follow one side in particular, or can I do that following either storyline?

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
No, you can do it either way. It's probably easier to work for the Empire and kill Jaen at the end than to work for the rebels and kill Stalker at the end, though.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #6
Okay, thanks. :)

I guess I'll just keep a save file just before I choose, and try both.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #7
Go Rebels!

Death to the Empire! Down with those scum! I hate their guts, living AND dead! :mad: :mad: :mad:

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #8
Yeah the Empire is a much better way to go. The rebels are just too pitiful.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Lifecrafter
Member # 6193
Profile Homepage #9
The empire side is easier, you get better rewards, and yes, you can kill Jaen (the empire leader)at the end fairly easily.
Plus Stalker is an ungrateful jerk, as are all the rebels.

--------------------
Guaranteed to blow your mind.

Frostbite: Get It While It's...... Hot?
Trademark
Member # 6397
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Chief Spider watching The Simpsons:

Go Rebels!

Death to the Empire! Down with those scum! I hate their guts, living AND dead! :mad: :mad: :mad:

:mad: