Waste repository

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Waste repository
Apprentice
Member # 6221
Profile #0
I've run up against a small snag.
I know theres a way in because of the portcullis.
And I'm thinking the poisoning in the water table up in the vale can be eliminated if I go into this room.How do I raise the portcullis? :confused:

--------------------
GO DALLAS STARS
'90 Red
'92 SHO-SHO
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #1
Okay, you really need to be much more specific if you want help. Fortunately, most of us can recognize that you're talking about The Valley of Dying Things, but that still doesn't quite tell us where you are in that scenario.

More specifically: Which portcullis, which dungeon?

(Next time, please just tell us which scenario you're in, as well as where you are in it)

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6221
Profile #2
Ok....I'm below the school of magery.
Just entered the waste storage repository.
I want in the control chamber,but there is a portcullis blocking my way.Hope that helps. :confused:

--------------------
GO DALLAS STARS
'90 Red
'92 SHO-SHO
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
Okay then, I think you forgot to search the entire level. Basically, you need to go all the way around the level to get to the open portculli (the southern ones). It's really just a long path which winds all the way around the center, and it eventually leads you there.

If you really get stumped, you can always open up the Scenario Editor and find the path.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6221
Profile #4
Cool,I got in but it wasn't what I thought.There was some buttons after I sat down.
It is controled else where.I knew it was to good to be true.It seemed to easy.So where do I go now?

--------------------
GO DALLAS STARS
'90 Red
'92 SHO-SHO
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
You need to go all the way through the Lower School to another set of caves, find the control room and turn on the power. After you've done that, head back to the major waste repository.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6221
Profile #6
WHERE are the caves your talking about?

--------------------
GO DALLAS STARS
'90 Red
'92 SHO-SHO
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #7
Enter the lower half of the school, which is just to the southwest of the waste repository. Go down through there and exit through the lowest level, and there's the next set of caves.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
There is an enormous walkthrough of VoDT in the BoA manual. I suggest looking there for specific information.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 6221
Profile #9
:mad: I accidently found the area.How?I seriously have no idea.
After killing everthing in the control tower I made my way back feeling like I accomplished a regal feat.On the way back to victory, I met up with two stupid doors.They had 200 to open them.
I could not open them.Huh!What to do?I tried the open stone,yeah right, it did get me into the control tower but sure as hell didn't get me out.
What happen next sucked,sucked severe.I saved and tried the stone again and I was put in a black void.... :( west,east,and south were black.I couldn't move. :mad:
I could see north,and what was in front of me.It was the lower part of the school.I tried to take my party out of town with no luck.Boy was I pissed,I quessed my only option was to reset scenario....which I did.Now I have to start all over again.The bastards!!The vale will have to wait just a little longer.

--------------------
GO DALLAS STARS
'90 Red
'92 SHO-SHO
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Next time, don't save your game after triggering an obvious bug. :P

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #11
Happened to me as well... s'actually the reason why I registered here.

Are those doors a bug too? How am I supposed to get out?

Here's the long version of how I ended up there:

I had just entered the Experiment Halls from the stairs in the northern corner (top-right of the map) and found the sloping passage just south of there which said would take me outside.

As I'd been needing to go back to town, I was hoping it was a shortcut and thus took the passageway.

It brought me to a cave with Ember Lizards and lava (sorry, I don't remember the name of the place, I wasn't paying attention to it), If I recall, I entered it from the west (top-left of screen) then made my way down to an exit in the east (bottom-right of screen).

This brought me to a large underground cave (Below School) where there were a bunch of Altered Beasts. A sign near the entrance back to the school said I was on the road to the Main Control. Hoping that there was an exit somewhere along the way, I kept going.

Many dead Altered Beasts and a few permanently-dead undead (at the two gates) later, I found myself in front of the tower to the Main Control. No exit in sight.

So I back-tracked to the school...

Entering (which led me to the Experiment Hall) back, I found my way blocked by two doors with a difficulty of 200 to open (for strength or tool use).

Wondering if perhaps I had taken a wrong turn, and there was another entrance I missed, I looked around for a way to get back to where the Ember Lizards were... to no avail.

So basically, I was stuck there.

Okay... not the end of the world... maybe if I just go to the Main Control tower and finish the scenario, I'll find a way out and still be able to go raid the rest of the school for treasure (I hadn't finished exploring yet).

So I went back to the Main Control tower... only to find that my way was barred by those magical gates of green electricity (no, I hadn't turned those off yet).

At this point, I was officially stranded, and stupidly enough, I didn't have any back-up saved games from earlier.

Going back to the entrance of the school in the Experiment Halls, I kept looking for a secret way, or something I had missed.

Going back and forth from the Experiment Halls to Below School, I noticed something odd.

Occasionally (it only happened a few times, out of the couple of dozens of in-and-outs), when I'd exit the Experiment Halls, I'd get "teleported" to the Huge Cavern (the place with the river, vampire, exit to the surface and waste disposal area which links the upper and lower portion of the school).

Sounds good, but, problem is, I'd appear in the black area -behind- the entrance to the lower levels of the school. Like CAJUN says, just floating in a black void, unable to move.

I saved a file there, in case anyone's interested in seeing.

I have a saved file in the cave Below School as well... so if anybody has any idea how I can get past those two doors... would be greatly appreciated...

Cheers.

[ Monday, September 26, 2005 20:50: Message edited by: Muji ]

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #12
The two doors. Now tell me, if you can't open them on the way back, then how the hell did you get there on the first place! You need a key found in the experiment halls to open that door.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #13
They got on the other side of the doors through a (town entry/exit?) bug.
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #14
Ah, there we go, that would explain it...

So the path I took -was- supposed to bring me outside... :(

I reached Below School from the cave with the Ember Lizards and the lava. I never went through those double doors.

It's only when I tried to leave the Below School cave that I encountered the doors.

So... nothing left to do but restart my game, I guess?

--------------------
"Take time to listen to what is said without words, to obey the law too subtle to be written, to worship the unnameable and to embrace the unformed." -- Lao Tzu
By Committee
Member # 4233
Profile #15
You can try using the editor to pull your party from the "town." It will reset the town, but at least your party will be salvaged. Alternately, you could also pull your party from the scenario altoghether. A bit of a bummer, but in the very least you'd save the experience and items you've earned, which would make running through the scenario again much easier.
Warrior
Member # 6347
Profile #16
I tried pulling from the town, but that just brings me back Below School, so that doesn't solve the problem at all.

I could leave the scenario, but since it resets everything, I'd rather just make a new party.

Fine-tune my chars a bit. I'll give them a bit of XP to make my journey back smoother, but I'd feel like I was cheating too much if I just kept my levels and all my items.

Thanks anyways for the suggestions, I appreciate it. :)

[Edit:]

Oooooh, I found a way to fix it!! :D

I looked in the game files to see the number of the special item needed to open the doors and gave it to myself.

It's working for now... I just hope nothing bad happens when I actually beat the golem and get the key... :(

[ Tuesday, September 27, 2005 12:22: Message edited by: Muji ]

--------------------