Delving Deep Into Bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Delving Deep Into Bahssikava
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #25
All right, fair 'nuff. I'm surprised storage is an issue with a site of relatively limited traffic like this to the degree you describe. Also, if storage is that limited here, why shouldn't it be set up to just roll off the oldest posts perpetually like Usenet?

Meanwhile, I have a new question for the original subject of the Bahssikava scenario:
I'm in the north area from the Steel Door fortress, the one with all the golems along the pathway up the hill by the river, then down the west side with the golem factory rooms. I came to the bottom area in the SW corner, but the gates back to the N on the west side of the map are closed.

I'm sure it's something simple I missed somewhere, but what opens those gates? I looked at the hints and it didn't appear to mention this.It just says continue north through the gates.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 20:44: Message edited by: synergy67 ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #26
Forum Leader: Please delete this post.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 20:45: Message edited by: synergy67 ]

--------------------
A4 Item Locations A4 Singleton G4 Items List G4 Forging List The Insidious Infiltrator
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #27
quote:
Originally written by synergy67:

All right, fair 'nuff. I'm surprised storage is an issue with a site of relatively limited traffic like this to the degree you describe.
It's my understanding that Jeff Vogel has a peculiar arrangement with his webhost, involving unlimited bandwidth but limited server space. Jeff can't renegotiate the deal because the host doesn't offer unlimited bandwidth to new customers any more, and he really needs unlimited bandwidth.

quote:
Also, if storage is that limited here, why shouldn't it be set up to just roll off the oldest posts perpetually like Usenet?
If I had to guess, I'd say it was because UBB was too brain-damaged to delete old posts automatically. Can you tell that we don't particularly like UBB here? :P

EDIT:

quote:
I'm in the north area from the Steel Door fortress, the one with all the golems along the pathway up the hill by the river, then down the west side with the golem factory rooms. I came to the bottom area in the SW corner, but the gates back to the N on the west side of the map are closed. I'm sure it's something simple I missed somewhere, but what opens those gates? I looked at the hints and it didn't appear to mention this.It just says continue north through the gates.
There's a wheel in a building just to the east. Turn it.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 16:59: Message edited by: Puerperal Fever ]

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #28
Thanks for the zippy help, Master of Disgusting and Unfortunate Medical Maladies--er--Remedies. I hadn't seen the door into that room...barely visible in the dark wall it was.

--------------------
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #29
Forum Leader: Please delete this post. The sooner I stop looking like a moron around here, the happier I'll be.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 20:46: Message edited by: synergy67 ]

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #30
Double posts. Another UBB problem.

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #31
BBR - He seems to do that a lot.
synergy67 - Dude, try using the edit button. I'm not trying to piss you off or anything it's just that it's no more difficult and I don't see why you can't master that.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #32
I've actually seen him triple post, but I think we can blame the last one on UBB. It happens to the best of us (me).

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Shaper
Member # 6292
Profile #33
Hey look, I can endlessly edit and mangle my words, warping all sense of time and continuity in posting.

All due apologies for my ignorance about double posts. I have been referring to the Forum FAQ because I usually don't go through the main page and haven't been checking the Code of Conduct.

Feel free to have me sacrificed at dawn if it will appease the Byte Gods.

[ Monday, September 19, 2005 20:56: Message edited by: synergy67 ]

--------------------
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #34
quote:
Originally written by synergy67:

Also, if the space required to make every individual post is so critically important, there ought to be something about it in the forum FAQ. If there is, I sure didn't find it.
It's in the Code of Conduct, the link to which is prominently displayed on the main page of these forums.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #35
Also, why don't you guys let the mods and admins do their job? Several mods have read and posted in this thread without mentioning the double posting. If someone makes posts a couple hours apart with new relevant information, I think it's fine.

Also, automatically deleting old posts makes me shiver. I like having old posts around.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #36
I don't care about double posts. Why some people do is a mystery. Oh and this topic seems to have become a discussion of posting methods rather than Bahs.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #37
*singing*
Oh, Bahs, I was lost and you found me,
But I need ya' today!...

I have my own little thing to add to this forum: When fighting the mind-bending Drake Lord in the beginning, take away all weapons, potions, scrolls, missiles, combat and speed-enhancing armor, etc. away from the first character. This will keep you from wasting valuable Heroic Brews and lower the chances of your other party members being torn to ribbons. (did I say that right?)

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #38
quote:
Originally written by Drakefyre:

Also, automatically deleting old posts makes me shiver. I like having old posts around.
Ditto.

That's what creeps me out about ezboard. You get 20 pages worth of topics, and if you start a new thread after that, the oldest one gets it.

But I'm ready for the next board prune any day. :)

--------------------
Encyclopaedia ErmarianaForum ArchivesForum StatisticsRSS [Topic / Forum]
My BlogPolarisI eat novels for breakfast.
Polaris is dead, long live Polaris.
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.

Pages