Backwater Calls

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Backwater Calls
Apprentice
Member # 2725
Profile #0
ok. I'm in that iron mine over run with slithies. I've killed everything in there and got the friendly lizard to join my party. I can't get in that door at the end, and the quest doesnt update when I return to town? What am I missing?

also, I have the lizzie in my party, but if i save the game, quit and load back up, the lizzie remains in the party, but there is a copy of him in his original location.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #1
First problem: There's a key in one of the boxes in the southwestern cave.

Second problem: Now, that shouldn't be... I couldn't duplicate this error. Try downloading the latest version from my site. There's a link in my sig.

--------------------
These are my scenarios. I may have too much free time but I really don't care.
Backwater Calls, Magus of Cattalon, Rats Aplenty
Get them here
Visit The Lyceum for all your rating needs.
Apprentice
Member # 2725
Profile #2
ok.. a couple of things.

The answer to both my issues was that I didnt have the latest version. Once I downloaded the latest version, the key was in the chest and the extra slith disappeared.

Problems Im having.

Now when I enter some areas, specifically where the infernal troopers are, I get a error about a missing graphic. The infernal troopers are now invisible. I can hit them and such, they jsut have no graphic.

Gameplay issue. I can't figure out how to get in the building. I know that I'm supposed to get some amulet from some goblins somewhere. I've been all over the map. I can't find any goblins.. where are they?
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #3
They are in a cavern in the SW corner of the map. Use magic map if you have it, otherwise bump into walls until you find the secret passages. Ignore the abandoned camps and search for the occupied one.

*this message sponsored by the enhancer*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Apprentice
Member # 2725
Profile #4
thanks jumpin, I actually found them in the SE corner, but your post made me realize where they were. I forgot that I never did find those goblins that were harrassing the first town.

Anyway, this graphic thing is really bugging me, as now i can't see the charged goblins. Any ideas? I tried to find a graphic folder or files in the scenario folder, but there is nothing obvious to me.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #5
Stupid keyboard placed the W instead of an E. As far as the graphics goes, if they are missing from the scenario a blue text (I think) message should be appearing in the text area indicating a missing graphic. It should indicate the filename that is missing (like G5101.bmp). Post that info and Smoo or someone could send you the graphic.

*this message sponsored by the kalahari typing school for men*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Apprentice
Member # 2725
Profile #6
it seems to be all the custom graphics are missing. I get a message saying the the editor may be out of memory, but likely the graphic file is missing.

If I load up my old version of the scenario it works fine(graphic wise). I dunno. I can't find graphic files in the old folder to move over. are they named something different?
Apprentice
Member # 2725
Profile #7
This is a grab of the error i'm getting. I downloaded the latest version from the website in his sig.

IMAGE(http://xysterdust.com/error.jpg)
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
Are you using Mac or Windows? If Mac, look for a file with the extension .cmg in the old scenario folder and move that into the new one. If Windows, do the same thing to all files with the extension .bmp.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 2725
Profile #9
thanks flag. that did it. I'm on a mac. the .cmg file got the graphics going.

Thanks much
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #10
I have some probelms with backwater calls. When entering the iron mine with the sliths in it, I get an error saying the game failed to load "to5ironmine.txt." What's the problem?

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #11
My guess would be you don't have the t05Ironmines.txt in your folder. But you do right?

Solution: Try downloading the latest version off my site. Links on my sig.

--------------------
Get them here
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #12
Okay, I'll try that.

In the meantime, I defeated the haakai, only to be slaughtered by that mung-demon, which resists all my attacks and which I can't get near because he avoids all my attacks. After about ten tries, I'm getting a bit desperate. Can you help me with this?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 5459
Profile Homepage #13
Are you still stuck? If I remember correctly that mung demon has an invulnerability potion, so you're just going to have to try and survive long enough for the potion to wear off. Try casting enduring barrier on your fighters.

--------------------
Get them here
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #14
No I wasn't, but thanks anyway. This, however, explaines why I just couldn't hurt him. An other mystery solved. Thanks

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #15
That Haakai Blade is just awesome. I kept it for my leader.

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider