Za-khazi run help

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Za-khazi run help
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #0
This is the second time I tried it. last time I got impatient and stopped woth it. But now its going better. I went to this cassas bok or whatever his name is, and accepted his quest. now where is that Vahnatai outpost? i looked all over the "slime covered" tunnels to the west of the Troglodyte castle. I can't find it i only found some worm hole dungeon thing. I want that purity crystal, in order to give it to Khoth, as a treasure.

thanks in advance

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #1
Nevre mind. if Khoth burns me to death, he will. but he wouldn't if i don't get to him. So how do I get through that stupid court? I found the moving mirror, but when I started pushing it around, I was trapped between lasers, and couldn't get out of it. are there particular directions I have to move that mirror first too, or doesn't that matter?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
I really don't know why people find this puzzle difficult.

Pay attention to which lasers turn themselves on and off and which ones stay on all the time. Avoid the ones that stay on all the time, and push the mirror through the others when they're off. Be sure to push the mirror around in combat mode, because that makes timing your movements 10 times easier. When you get to the final lasers with the efreeti behind them, push the mirror into one of them to create a gap in the beam that you can walk through.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #3
So I now got to the Efreeti, but I constantly get butchered by them. How can I quickly butcher them, instead of them me? I can't get really close to them because they breath fire.

EDIT: Never mind. In the end it was easy to butcher them and the golems. Now Khoth wants some treasure. I gather its the crystal of purity? So where's the Vahnatai hideout? I couldn't find it last time I searched for it.

[ Saturday, September 03, 2005 06:56: Message edited by: Thralni, emperor of Riverrod ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Post Navel Trauma ^_^
Member # 67
Profile Homepage #4
The easy way to kill the djinns involves a high-power laser and a cunningly placed mirror.

Yes, you need a treasure.
The Vahnatai outpost is inside the worm cave.
Or you could get Morog's scroll.
Or the giant opal.

--------------------
Barcoorah: I even did it to a big dorset ram.

desperance.net - Don't follow this link
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #5
Or, if you don't have time to go back for any of those, you could just kill Khoth to get past. Note that this is fairly difficult to do.

--------------------
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #6
You know, for some reason I actually feel like slaying the old bastard. But how do I know for sure the gates will just slide open when he is slain? You see, I have about 3 days left, and am now in the place where that crystal is. Do I have enough time to get the crystal, bring it to Khoth and then make it to that fort?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
About the laser puzzle, I really don't see why people even bother with the mirrors... it's so easy to simply run through them when they're off and kill the efreet.

You can probably make it there, and even if you can't, there's always the editor.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #8
The gates do open if you just kill Khoth -- I've done it before.

(Of course, you get the maximum possible amount of treasure out of the encounter if you bring Khoth all the items he wants and then kill him.)

quote:
About the laser puzzle, I really don't see why people even bother with the mirrors... it's so easy to simply run through them when they're off and kill the efreet.
Uh, you need at least one mirror, because the lasers that the efreeti stand behind (which you have to get past to get to the door) never turn off.

[ Saturday, September 03, 2005 23:41: Message edited by: Transorbital Leucotomy ]

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #9
Perhaps I have an weird/old version of ZKR, but they did for me. I just had to wait a few turns.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Apprentice
Member # 6278
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Uh, you need at least one mirror, because the lasers that the efreeti stand behind (which you have to get past to get to the door) never turn off.
True, they don't, but you can sneak past them with a move mountains spell. That will remove the boulder next to the wall (just west of the efreeti) and you can diagonally hop through the gap behind the laser.

I never found the mirror, because I was running real late with only one day left. I had the scroll for Koth (didn't get the talisman, hence the delay in the fungi cave) but absolutely no time to spare to start looking for mirrors.

--------------------
I outnumbered them one to thirty!