Bahssikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Bahssikava
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #25
I guess i misread something here then. Sorry for that. Anyway, lets continue with the subject.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Shock Trooper
Member # 3368
Profile #26
quote:
Originally written by The_Nazgul:
Bah, singleton is easier. At least for me.

:eek: In what way Is a singleton easier? Sure, you gain more experience, but you still have only one PC taking and dealing damage.

[ Sunday, August 28, 2005 20:25: Message edited by: Bender Bending Rodriguez ]

--------------------
"Like most of life's problems, this one can be solved with bending"
Infiltrator
Member # 2940
Profile Homepage #27
In many ways!
First and most importantly, you dont have to worry about controlling other 3 characters. Saves time and mind exercise. Take the slith ghost-spawning platforms level for example. It is much easier to hide'n seek through the corridors with one character than four.Your character increases leves faster.Your character gets all the best items around, you dont need to distribute the best equipment. (This makes the character VERY powerfull.)You save gold and food (Not sure about the food.)You don't gave to protect 4 characters, only one. Sometimes it's a pain when you are winning with one character and another one is receiving a beating behind and you must waste energy or disingage(sp?) to help him. With one character you just waste one heroic brew and you are ready to handle anything.Cool, I used the list code, can't remember the last time I used it. :cool:

--------------------
"I don't want to achieve immortality through my work, I want to achieve it through not dying."
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #28
However, if you die, that's it. Unless you save before walking around a corner every time. The same applies to paralysis, heavy slow and curses, and getting walled in by strong monsters. You can often cover your escape and rescue at least one character, walk into town and resurrect the others, and then go back in to recover your items (they get saved in BoA). With a singleton, you have to restore the save file. :P (Although which sane soul doesn't do that upon getting three out of four PCs killed?)

--------------------
EncyclopaediaArchivesMembersRSS [Topic / Forum] • BlogPolarisNaNoWriMo
Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair.
I have a love of woodwind instruments.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #29
That's why I love GF and Avernum 4's quicksave/quickload!

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00

Pages