Mad Ambition - The fight in the fort!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Mad Ambition - The fight in the fort!
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #0
I am in the part where I got imprisoned in the fort nephilim took, and I get to a fight against Chica and some nephilim, I killed all the nephilim, but I can't hit Chica and she can't hit me. What should I do? My char can't use magic, but I have used the firebolt wand I found from one of the corpses.

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #1
If this is the fight I think it is, you need to poison yourself.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4792
Profile #2
Really? That makes no sense. How does that work? I am stuck at the same point and I will try that. Thank you.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Venom:

Really? That makes no sense. How does that work?
If you look at the messages that appear in the status window, you'll notice that she drains your status effects. Haste yourself, and at the end of the round you get unhasted and she gets hasted instead. Bless yourself, you get unblessed and she gets blessed. So if you poison yourself...

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Shock Trooper
Member # 6068
Profile #4
By the way, it says at the bottom that she "tries to purge" the poison. Does her shade die of the actual poison, or energy spent trying to purge it? Or both?

I'm not sure if that fight was even fair; all of a sudden, you're fighting this invincible ghost and all a player thinks he/she can do is pull the party out of the scenario because of some imaginary "bug." Perhaps there should have been an explaination on "monsters who can absorb conditions" earlier in the game. It would have made that battle seem less arbitrary and more fulfilling. ;)

--------------------
"Sometimes I get all hungry!
And then I catch some flies!
They fly into my webs!
They are really yummy guys!"
-Spider
Lifecrafter
Member # 3171
Profile Homepage #5
I agree. It was nearly impossible to figure out and most people don't bother to notice anything other than the immediate action in those type of situations.
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #6
What made me suspicious were all those poison potions that popped up. I started wondering what TM wanted me to use them for...

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #7
Yes, an interesting idea, but poorly executed. I almost thought the potions were TM's way of mocking my inability to kill Chica, as if saying "go kill yourself". Or, just useless treasure.

The only reason I had an idea of what to do was that I'd seen a help topic here.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Warrior
Member # 3241
Profile #8
I thought of the poison potions also, but as I did not haste, heal, or do whatever to myself, I failed to notice the messages.

[ Monday, August 01, 2005 10:00: Message edited by: Bestrafer_fin ]

--------------------
Visit the www.monkkonen.net and if you like, be the member of the forums.