Help please!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Help please!
Apprentice
Member # 5513
Profile #0
I'm in the valley of dying things trying to get pangle's papers on the school. He says he'll sell it to me for 500 (which I have well over) but there's no button to buy it. Help?
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #1
Pangle doesn't hand the papers to you directly, he tells you where to find them in his shed. Perhaps you just read the dialogue wrong.

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #2
That's right. Pangal has his papers in his bedroom. He'lle direct you to that room, if you agree to buy it. If you still don't get the answer you look for, I recommend looking in the BoA docs, who came with the game. They are somewhere in the BoA folder. If that doesn't help, I recommend doing his quest. You wil get the papers for free. You wil have to ask him about it.

--------------------
Play and rate my scenarios:

Where the rivers meet
View my upcoming scenario: The Nephil Search: Escape.

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 5513
Profile #3
He doesn't tell me where to look because there's no purchase button. I talked to him with every option and there's no quest. Should I try upgrading the version?
Shaper
Member # 32
Profile #4
Then you obviously didn't 'learn' that he has the papers yet. You can do this by seeking out the Vahnatai under the school. There is also a townsperson who will inform you, but I forget where he is...

--------------------
Lt. Sullust
Cogito Ergo Sum
Polaris
Apprentice
Member # 5513
Profile #5
If I didn't know he had the papers, I wouldn't know he had the papers. When I talked to him he simply says "He thinks 'I don't know nothin' about that. All I have is these old papers I found. If you want them you can buy them. I'll give them to you. I'll gladly sell them to you for 500 gold.'" I have well over, yet it says
1. There's something else I'd like to ask you.
2. That's all.
as my only conversation choices. Any clues to why?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #6
Are you sure you haven't bought the location of the papers already? Search the place where the papers are supposed to be and see if you get them.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #7
You may have bought the right to go get them, but haven't done that yet. they aren't in the bedroom though. Check the detached shack to the southwest. If you had searched before it said something like 'you will never find anything in here without knowing what too look for.' Well, you will find the papers in that room inside a chest or barrel.

*this message sponsored by weak dialogue and poor descriptions*

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #8
So you already found out about them, but you can't find them? As you don't have apurchase option, indeed you probably bought them already. If you can't get the quest and you didn't get it before, then there is probably something weird going on in your version. Try to upgrade. Although I think a better solution might be to reload a earlier saved game, were you still didn't know about the papers.
Are you sure you didn't do the quest already? Are you sure you don't have the papers in your inventory already?

[ Tuesday, June 28, 2005 22:26: Message edited by: Thralni ]

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Master
Member # 5977
Profile Homepage #9
Cumpubrains, you had a problem. is it solved yet? Would you please tell me what is happening there at Pangals hut?

--------------------

Where the rivers meet

Give us your drek!
Apprentice
Member # 1698
Profile Homepage #10
It sounds like he hadn't 500 gp :D