Suicide or Not?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Suicide or Not?
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #0
Guys,

After making version 9.1 of UV, one of my testers sent in this, (along wioth a very long list of bugs).

What do you think about it?
-Part of the fun of another land is the option to go make a suicide charge into a fully-loaded town... why deny adventurers the fun?

(They're asking about the towns in the Vahnatai Lands)

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 24 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=ATXbJPZFWYVt"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=ATXbJPZFWYVt"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
"You dare Trifle with Avernum?" ~ Erika the Archmage
--------------------
My Scenarios:
Undead Valley : A small Undead problem, what could possibly go wrong?
--------------------
Richard Black - PROOF of his existance (the Infernal one's website).
--------------------
MY FORUM! Randomosity at it's highest! :)
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #1
Well, hey. I doubt there'd actually be MILLIONS of guards there, and I could hack down a decent bunch of Vahnatai at that point.

It's really up to you whether you feel like putting in the effort to add an actual Vahnatai city or not. If it's just going to be lines of monsters and a storeroom, don't bother.
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #2
To echo sentiments from other threads and distant discussions, why are my 1-4 characters deciding to attack an entire town filled with who knows how many "bad guys" of unknown strength?

I would completely understand it if a recon was permissible, showing that the town deserved annihilation. Now that would make it interesting...

--------------------
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Well, I'm at least pretty sure that Salmon is losing.

Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #3
Please polish what you already have to the point that everything works properly. No new additions until all the current bugs are fixed. I am waiting for it to come out. Hopefully, by this weekend. Stop adding things.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Duke of Toast:

Please polish what you already have to the point that everything works properly. No new additions until all the current bugs are fixed. I am waiting for it to come out. Hopefully, by this weekend. Stop adding things.
Oh, I'll release it by this weekend easily enough. This is the obly thing I'm waiting for. If the community want it, I'll put it in before Saturday. If they don't I'll just forget about it, and release UV Testing 9.2 to testers tomorrow.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #5
Ah... I recognize my comments. But what I meant was this: give them the option to charge in via a special encounter, and if you don't feel like making a whole town, make it a huge outdoor battle (or just autokill the party).

i.e.: "This Vahnatai town appears to be brimming with guards, though it only appears to be a small port town. Attacking the town could be risky to your mission... do you really want to? (Yes/No)"
Yes -> huge outdoor battle / autokill

I hope that made sense.

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #6
I wish there was an "only do it if it will be good" option.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #7
Ah, how I have wished the same.....

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Agent
Member # 4506
Profile Homepage #8
Well, I've decided NOT to do it, and UV will be out this weekend.

There's really nothing wrong with it whatsoever, and my testers are all busy. If any more bugs are found, I will just release an update.

- Archmagi Micael

--------------------
--------------------
My Scenarios:
--------------------
--------------------