Most Notorious Weapons

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Most Notorious Weapons
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #0
Which weapons impart to you the most amount of fame? Infamy? Fear? Admiration?

Poll Information
This poll contains 3 question(s). 46 user(s) have voted.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=LNFPehCdUaXe"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=LNFPehCdUaXe"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #1
Actually, my favorite weapon is the Demonslayer. In my own mind it is the most famous weapon to grace Avernum with it's presence. But it wasn't a choice.... :(

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Apprentice
Member # 5287
Profile #2
Where's the Alien Blade? I suppose it isn't in BOA (yet), but still

--------------------
yeah...
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #3
The Alien Blade is in A2, A3, and BoA. I can't remember where in BoA, but it's there.

Personally, I loved the Jade Halberd when it was still good (in A2, when it dripped acid). Also, the Miracle items from Backwater Calls are very nice...

Of course, Alderague and Maximilian are just absurd, and Morog's Scepter finally gives mages something to do without needing SP.

EDIT: Yeah, I meant Canopy when referring to the Miracle items. Sorry, I remember playing them both within a day of each other, and it all got a bit blurred after playing through the epic that is Bahssikava...

[ Sunday, April 17, 2005 16:02: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #4
Alien Blade is okay in BoA. Demonslayer well and truly blows, though. Use a Blessed Greatsword instead.

Jade Halberd also isn't very good. The stat bonuses look huge, but in the end, the damage sucks for a fighter. I'd give it to a mage in a heartbeat, though.

It's surprising that the Obsidian Spear, the best one-handed weapon in the professional BoA data, went unlisted, however.
Shock Trooper
Member # 4445
Profile #5
Yes, TM, your weapons are by far the most powerful.

Adlerauge does good damage at range, but I like it mostly because I hate worrying about ammo. The ooh-ing and ah-ing over it at this forum makes it a clear number 1.

Maximillian is just utterly ridiculous.

I remember using the Halberd of Calindor before switching to the Spear of Kalthass and a shield and doing good damage, and two-handed weapons are just plain more intimidating.

You did, however, forget the hidden city spear. ;)
Warrior
Member # 4599
Profile #6
I agree that the Demonslayer isn't a great weapon in actual combat, but I'm interested in the history behind it. When I think of Avernum and weapons, Demonslayer is what comes to mind. I don't beleive there is another weapon with near as much histroy.

--------------------
"Yeah-- you're right. You christians are far too persecuted nowadays. I mean it. We really should stop feeding you to the lions." --TM

"Ancient Blessings" My unfinished (and likely to remain that way) BoA scenario.
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #7
I must agree that the maximillian is ridicolous. Although it was quite a slaughter in the tunnels fight in Bahssikava when my lead character had the sword equiped. (Those that have fought that battle probally will know what I'm talking about. I got attacked for 200 damage, which took me to zero, followed by a 300 damage blow for good measure. After that I quickly reloaded.)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Ephesos:

Also, the Miracle items from CANOPY are very nice...
Fixed your typo. :P

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5322
Profile #9
i rather like a good, old-fashioned steel longsword. damn that boa has not the exile-like two-weapons-system. :(

call me wierd, if you like, but hey, i do like to play with this non-magic singelton of mine. :)

but, out of those options, i'd have to say...

1. baltimore imperial
2. adlerauge
3. dagger of defense

[ Friday, April 15, 2005 11:12: Message edited by: yavinrebel88 ]
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #10
So far...

1) Adlerauge
2) Maximilian
3) Morog's Sceptre
4) Haakai Blade
5) Halberd of Calindor
6) Bahssikavan Spear
7) Daemonzerstoerer
8) Saljuq
9) Klinger's Bow
10) Baltimore Imperial
10) Dagger of Defense
12) Hendrickson's Crossbow
14) Manslaughter
14) Spear of Kalthas

Remember- power helps a weapon's notoriety, but isn't the only part. (Although since Saljuq is so close to the bottom, I think that everyone here realizes this.)

I didn't include default items also.

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 03:24: Message edited by: Le Martyre de la Terreur ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #11
o_o Where is Saljuq to be found?

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Guardian
Member # 3521
Profile #12
Canopy, although I can't remember where in the scenario it was to be found specifically.

--------------------
Stughalf

"Delusion arises from anger. The mind is bewildered by delusion. Reasoning is destroyed when the mind is bewildered. One falls down when reasoning is destroyed."- The Bhagavad Gita.
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #13
If you want a truly grotesque combination. A couple of broken weapons that are unmentionable are the Hidden City Spear, Blessed Vahnati Bow and the Master Sword from Undead Valley.

1) Warrior-- Hidden City Spear
2) Warrior-- Master Sword and Alderauge or Blessed Vahnati Bow (Micael deserves to be given the ultimate booby prize for this one.)
3) Cleric-- Saljuq
4) Hedge Wizard-- Morog's Scepter, Spear of Kalthas.

The other weapons which break the game are thrown diamonds 1-8 +1-8/level throwing and pilum. I rather like the idea of diamond tossing.

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
Warrior
Member # 250
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

o_o Where is Saljuq to be found?
Its in canopy, although If I remember its location correctly I doubt very many parties got it. When you go to have a blade forged out of mithral you get two choices for what the weapon is like. One choice is the Maximillian, where the other it Saljuq. Since the Maximillian is so powerful most parties probally choice it over the Saljuq.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #15
Maximilian is 12-120, +50% to hit and +75 damage to attacker.

Saljuq is 8-64, +4 Quick Strike, +2 AP, +30 to humanoids.

The choice is pretty well oriented towards Maximilian, although if your main bruiser is a pole user and you want to give a weapon to an archer...

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #16
:cool: Woot, I got Saljuq and Maximilian for 10 mithril and 10000 gold! A bug or a bargain?

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #17
I call your bluff. Getting both swords is impossible without dicking around with the scripts.

[ Monday, April 18, 2005 03:23: Message edited by: Le Martyre de la Terreur ]

--------------------
Agent
Member # 2210
Profile #18
I think if you buy Saljuq first then you can get Maximilian. If you buy Max first you can't get Saljuq. I did it also. I am no good at scripting and got both.

Saljuq is great for a priest/alchemist-- because it allows the priest to heal the party at the beginning of the turn before the monsters attack. If you need your partys character to act first it is better than Maximilian.

[ Saturday, April 16, 2005 07:42: Message edited by: Toasty Warm ]

--------------------
Wasting your time and mine looking for a good laugh.

Star Bright, Star Light, Oh I Wish I May, I Wish Might, Wish For One Star Tonight.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #19
I figured out the error- you said that you DIDN'T want the sword first, and THEN bought two for the price of one thereafter.

--------------------
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #20
Exactly. I remember to have asked for the sword, then I had not enough money and denied. Coming back I bought first Saljuq, and he gave me Maximilian for free.

:rolleyes: Uh, why these scripts must stretch so ghastly the window?

--------------------
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #21
Oh... that's why I never picked either up the first time... I stupidly went for the armor (it's not bad, great protection and 0 encumbrance). I never even noticed the option for the sword...

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.

I hate undead. I really, really, really, really hate undead. With a passion.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #22
If you only had 5-9 pieces of mithril, you didn't get an option for a sword; you need 5 pieces for the armour and 10 for a sword.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 6043
Profile #23
UAHAHAH or you can use the HLPM and get the GOD longsword ;) Best in the game. It has the best stats ( +224) I think its 224 or maybe 234 But anyway, I hit around 10000s with it. It's better than all yo weapons. hehe
Apprentice
Member # 6043
Profile #24
UAHAHAH or you can use the HLPM and get the GOD longsword ;) Best in the game. It has the best stats ( +224) I think its 224 or maybe 234 But anyway, I hit around 10000s with it. It's better than all yo weapons. hehe

Pages