Help - Basshikava

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Help - Basshikava
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #0
Can anyone give me a description of where each metal triangle is?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Other than the one in the walkthrough?

There's one in the Deeps right next to the gates, one in a secret passage behind the spawning altar in Ancient Bahssikava, three in the Catacombs, and one in Machinery.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #2
Sorry for bothering again, but I'm on level 1 of some mountain, past the golems right, and now I can't go anywhere cause it says that Phaedra died or something so I can't go back or go into another trapdoor. I have no clue as to where to go???
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #3
Level 1 of some mountain. Sigh.

You're in Mount Galthrax. Did Phaedra in fact die? Or did you just never pick her up on the way over to MG?

If the former, you need to pick up her body wherever she died.

[ Thursday, March 17, 2005 12:26: Message edited by: Kelandon ]

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #4
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

Level 1 of some mountain. Sigh.

You're in Mount Galthrax. Did Phaedra in fact die? Or did you just never pick her up on the way over to MG?

If the former, you need to pick up her body wherever she died.

Is there any way I can get pass this place without picking up Phaedra???
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
It might help if you answered my question. Did she actually die or did you just not get her to join you in the Guardpost?

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #6
She died in the battle with Nolagh-Khar and I forgot to pick her dead body up.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #7
Ah. I see the problem. Here, replace your t19Upper.txt with the one that's here, and you should be able to continue.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #8
Thanks, now I can get on with the rest of the scenario ;)
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #9
In case you have forgotten, Kelandon, I'm still stuck on Mt. Galthrax L3. It comes up as an unhandled exception. Check it:Here

[ Saturday, March 19, 2005 18:44: Message edited by: The Yeoman Cheesemonger ]

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #10
Try downloading the latest version of the scenario off Kelandon's site.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #11
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

Try downloading the latest version of the scenario off Kelandon's site.
I am very annoyed about this: My school has blocked the Pink and Pretty Page, can I get it elsewhere?

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #12
I could e-mail it to you, I suppose. It's not on Spiderweb yet -- I intend to fix the last few bugs before I submit it.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #13
Do you play BOA at your skool? Thats a great use of school time. No I mean it :)

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by Kelandon:

... If the former, you need to pick up her body wherever she died.
Sounds interesting. Must play it again and try that.
Wow Kel, you thought of everything :P

--------------------
Slartucker: * facepalm facepalm facepalm *
Dikiyoba: Are you unconscious yet?
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #15
Tried it and ... uh, it's kind of macabre. Phaedra's body looks like meat on spit. But she will not die and recover - how nice ^_^

Kel, did you change something with Galthrax' power? I can't remember him thus invincible. Ithik and the bunch of golems died after the first turns, then I tried to fight him with missiles and summoned monsters (to keep him in a distance).
Galthrax is immune to spells and seems to be nearly immune to melee and missiles. Even with the spear of Khaltas: you hit him 10 times and strike once, then the pole-fighter is eaten. After two hours(!) shooting that dragon I gave up. From 50 arrows remained about four hits. And I think even his health points increase sometimes, oh well.
I must add that my party was level 50. And I didn't have Clouds of Blades anymore, (played Canopy before).
Without Phaedra, Galthrax is not to beat - am I right?

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #16
I have a confession: I never actually beat Galthrax legitimately in the release version. I got that far, saw how difficult the fight was, and then used the character editor to make my stats ridiculous for the last fight and watched the ending.

I have no idea how it's done. Maybe Thuryl or someone else can tell you.

--------------------

...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #17
quote:
Originally written by spy.there:

Kel, did you change something with Galthrax' power? I can't remember him thus invincible. Ithik and the bunch of golems died after the first turns, then I tried to fight him with missiles and summoned monsters (to keep him in a distance).
Galthrax is immune to spells and seems to be nearly immune to melee and missiles. Even with the spear of Khaltas: you hit him 10 times and strike once, then the pole-fighter is eaten. After two hours(!) shooting that dragon I gave up. From 50 arrows remained about four hits. And I think even his health points increase sometimes, oh well.
I must add that my party was level 50. And I didn't have Clouds of Blades anymore, (played Canopy before).
Without Phaedra, Galthrax is not to beat - am I right?

Level 50's a little low -- you probably had quite a few advantageous traits, right? I finished around level 70.

Anyway, archery is *the* way to win this fight. An invulnerable, Divinely Aided fighter will do a lot of damage at first, but once Galthrax pulls out Dread Curse, fighters won't be able to do much to him. (If you have enough fighters in your party, with a little cleverness you can just about get him down from 50% of max HP to 0 in one round before he has a chance to act, thus avoiding the curse.)

Galthrax does indeed regenerate a lot of HP every round, so you'll need to do lots of damage. I recommend having Divine Aid on your archers -- although if you have at least two archers, you probably don't need it. (There's Heroic Brew in the scenario; I hope you saved one or two bottles.) If you're short on Heroic Brew (or are relying on the Divine Aid ability you get from Divinely Touched), don't use any until AFTER he drains your status bonuses.

Summoning is a very good idea for keeping Galthrax off your back, but only use Create Illusions. Higher-level summoning spells are a waste, because they still won't be able to do any damage to him, and he'll kill any summoned creature in one round.

I used a party with one fighter, two archer-priests and one mage, and was able to kill Galthrax without using any potions, but that's pretty much the best possible party for the scenario, so a more normal party will probably have to work harder.

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5415
Profile #18
Archers are the key, eh? How, prey tell, did you keep stocked up with arrows when the scenario doesn't give you the opportunity to replace the ones you use up? Liberal use of the character editor between combats?

Or did Kel fix that in the version you played?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #19
Nope, I never use the character editor. Actually, my archers used slings, so I didn't have to worry about ammo. (For the final battle, though, I switched to using the few dozen javelins I'd picked up during the scenario.) There are also some spectres with crossbows near the end of the scenario; you can get quite a few bolts from them, if you do have an archer who relies on Bows skill.

--------------------
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #20
PS- Adlerauge

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #21
A post-Canopy party is most definitely unreasonable for Bahssikava, and Adlerauge is unreasonable for just about *any* released scenario. :P

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #22
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:
There are also some spectres with crossbows near the end of the scenario; you can get quite a few bolts from them, if you do have an archer who relies on Bows skill.
DreamGuy wouldn't know that, because he likes to bad-mouth scenarios after quitting in the middle of the first set of dungeons.

--------------------

Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #23
I used my one fighter that does on average 250 points of damage. Bless haste invulnerability shielding, use every protective spell available. Then when the dragon uses the curse or whatever, draining your protection down another invulnerability elixir. Also the slith Ilthik does a some decent damage to the dragon too. You definitely need some sort of high powered offense to kill him. My party was about level 65 when I finished. Oh and Adlerauge
is very a powerful-important weapon in a Nephilim's paws.

[ Sunday, March 27, 2005 20:58: Message edited by: VCH ]

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Agent
Member # 1993
Profile #24
I found the first version of Bahssikava and was finally able to beat Galthrax with my L56-after-Canopy-party. And no, I would not recommend to play it without Cloudes of Blades. (BTW, it's easy to regain the spell in Kel's HLPM. :rolleyes: I discovered that too late of course.) Fortunately I had Adlerauge ^_^

Is it only me or is Galthrax the most boring fight ever? One hour of missiles, missiles, missiles and 95% are missing their goal ...
Killing Rentar-Ihrno in A3 is a similar pain, but R.I. was dead after 20 minutes.

--------------------

Pages