Which OS you use?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Which OS you use?
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #0
I would like to know which is the most popular OS among the BoA community.

Poll Information
This poll contains 1 question(s). 66 user(s) have voted.
You may not view the results of this poll without voting.

function launch_voter () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=vote;pollid=sXxJyPRPzWyx"); return true; } // end launch_voter function launch_viewer () { launch_window("http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=poll;d=view;pollid=sXxJyPRPzWyx"); return true; } // end launch_viewer function launch_window (url) { preview = window.open( url, "preview", "width=550,height=300,toolbar=no,location=no,directories=no,status,menubar=no,scrollbars,resizable,copyhistory=no" ); window.preview.focus(); return preview; } // end launch_window IMAGE(votenow.gif)     IMAGE(voteresults.gif)

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
Warrior
Member # 1016
Profile #1
Well, I have both a Mac and A PC with windows. I am predominately a windows user, even though my personal prefrence is for the Macintosh system.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3898
Profile #2
The predominant answer is going to be Mac. Just believe me.

--------------------
~Note : The professional newbie's advice should not be taken seriously, or at all.~
LINKAGE
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #3
i beleve this poll should be in the General area (oh i use mac os 1.0.3 :D )

EDIT: i mean 10.3

[ Monday, March 07, 2005 05:10: Message edited by: hawk king ]
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #4
10.3, surely, as 1.0.3 predates the Internet.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #5
ya thats what i ment sorry :(
Warrior
Member # 2838
Profile #6
I posted it here because I am only interested in the BoA community. I'd like to develop some utilities in Delphi and the problem is that they are going to be Windows only.

--------------------
…../|,-‘`¯¯`\(o)_\,----,,,_………
…( `\(o),,_/` ¯ : o : :: o`-, … I'm under your bed.
Warrior
Member # 3340
Profile #7
quote:
I posted it here because I am only interested in the BoA community. I'd like to develop some utilities in Delphi and the problem is that they are going to be Windows only.
You could try the Lazarus Project, a very nice gui dev package. It contains the Free Pascal compiler along side Lazarus' LCL. Just check it out, the url is Lararus Project.

Also, its cross-platform -- both Mac OS 10 and Windows.

Their site says it all..."Write once compile everywhere!"

Hopes this works for you. :)

James

--------------------
Sometimes I just don't know anything about everything -- or do I ?
Apprentice
Member # 5512
Profile #8
im unforutnatly a windows user, cause i havent had any money for a mac since i went to school. I hope to get my own mac in the next couple of months

--------------------
Gir! What did you do with the Guidance chip?

I took it out to make room for the CUPCAKE!!!!!
Warrior
Member # 5289
Profile #9
quote:
magoicochea wrote:
I'd like to develop some utilities in Delphi and the problem is that they are going to be Windows only.
I'll help you when you'll port your utility to Mac.

Code your idea on your favorite development environment that you know well. Programming (includes scripting) is difficult work because we should always make decisions on matters we don't know well. If we know everything, no beta test is needed.

Therefore, no need to increase unknown factors using a development environment you don't know well. Porting will be easier after you fix your idea on your first release.

--------------------
Project: BoA Editor Remake on SourceForge.net
supports "3D BoA Editor" (Mac and Win), and creates advanced BoA Editor.
Infiltrator
Member # 5566
Profile #10
quote:
Originally written by Notus:

quote:
magoicochea wrote:
I'd like to develop some utilities in Delphi and the problem is that they are going to be Windows only.
I'll help you when you'll port your utility to Mac.

Code your idea on your favorite development environment that you know well. Programming (includes scripting) is difficult work because we should always make decisions on matters we don't know well. If we know everything, no beta test is needed.

Therefore, no need to increase unknown factors using a development environment you don't know well. Porting will be easier after you fix your idea on your first release.

could you do that with the avernum 3 trainer and the Geneforge 2 trainer by xixao
Warrior
Member # 5289
Profile #11
Ok, I'll contact to xixao.

--------------------
Project: BoA Editor Remake on SourceForge.net
supports "3D BoA Editor" (Mac and Win), and creates advanced BoA Editor.
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #12
By the way, I'd consider Mac users to be your top priority- of the 11 scenarios released thusfar, only 2 of them (Xerch'de and Backwater Calls) are by PC users.

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4592
Profile #13
Windows, due to game availability.

Mac 10.3, whenever I can.

(I put Windows in the poll, though, since that's the one I end up using the most.)

--------------------
quote:

"I suffer from spiritual malaise," said Cugel meaningfully. "which manifest itself in outburst of vicious rage. I implore you to depart, lest, in an uncontrollable spasm, I cut you in three pieces with my sword, or worse, I invoke magic."
Random Jack Vance Quote Manual Generator Apparatus (Cugel's Saga)
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #14
I USE MYSELF. I use myself to use Windows.

Duh.

--------------------
—Zxquez Zolohahni
Xerch'de/Rate.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #15
Mac OSX 10.2.8 Some day Ill buy a new comp and get in on Tiger. For now I wait though.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Apprentice
Member # 5595
Profile #16
Until, now I never though almost 50% of the people use Macintosh. Whats so great about Macintosh that makes so many of you guys use it????
Shock Trooper
Member # 4557
Profile #17
I am a Windows user. Windows sucks.

The Mac OS, specifically OS X, is much more secure, much easier to use (especially in terms with networking), and is open source (at least its core is). I would reccomend it over windows any day, although if you currently own a PC, it might be better to wait 'till it gets ported to PC (x86).
Apprentice
Member # 5607
Profile #18
I use windows. It is what I know and things, especially video games, tend to be designed mainly for it.

Tried linux once and liked it, but I found myself booting into windows 80% of the time anyway to run programs designed for it. The non-standard hardware I had at the time made things difficult with it too.

Used macs a little in school, but not enough to get to know them. I've been curious about macs and wanted to try them, but I just don't have the money to spend on an extra computer. Especially one that, like linux, I probably won't be able to use much.

--------------------
-Sfon-
The wizard who rides in a magical carboard box.
Warrior
Member # 5531
Profile #19
I use Windows. I used macs at my school but didn't have much use for them.

[ Saturday, March 19, 2005 10:06: Message edited by: Oni of Chaos ]

--------------------
Trouser Snake.
Mustakrakish.

Infiltrators? No. Agents? YES!!