bahssikava - windows version

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: bahssikava - windows version
Apprentice
Member # 5546
Profile #0
Ok ... I guess this scenario is the best one I have played till date. But I am stuck in the Machinery. In the Hints file the locations are mentioned in coordinates and I can't figure out how to set party location in the windows BOA.

And as don't have too many hours (thanx to college) to try it out myself, I would be thnkful if anyone could tell me how to position the mirrors in the puzzle ... like 2steps to the north ... or something like that.

thanx in advance.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Well, in Mac BoA, there's a choice in the Options menu to check the party's coordinates, which is why I gave the coordinates. I didn't realize that Win BoA doesn't have this -- as, I'm gathering from a few comments, it doesn't.

At any rate, which puzzle are you talking about? There are three.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #2
the ones in machinery, i know cause i'm stuck there too :confused:

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #3
There are three puzzle rooms in Machinery -- the south room, the east room and the northeast room. If you need help with all of them, say so. :P

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5546
Profile #4
Well, yes. I guess I do need help with ALL the puzzles. Or atleast,I need to know how the coordinate system in BOA works. That way I could figure out the locations from the Hints file.

And sorry to seem dense, but what exactly does things like "sw/ne mirror" mean? does it mean that the mirror points in the sw and ne directions, or something else?
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #5
The coordinate system counts down and to the right, so that the northwest corner is (0,0). The first mirror you have to place in the "first" puzzle (in the west) is near the northwest corner of that room, redirecting the beam that's going into the wall instead into the mirror south of that. From there I think you can work out the rest of the coordinates.

A nw/se mirror redirects a beam from the north to the west and a beam from the west to the north, and also a beam from the south to the east and from the east to the south. A ne/sw mirror does the opposite: from the north to the east and east to north, etc. I think I reversed the order of the directions in the hint file (so I said sw/ne instead of ne/sw), but I don't think it matters.

Anyway, the easy way to tell the difference is that a sw/ne mirror is much thinner than a se/nw mirror.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #6
Try to get a feeling for the mirrors and the beams and how they interact. Once you have that, you will not need the Hints file often.

[ Saturday, February 26, 2005 07:11: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Apprentice
Member # 5546
Profile #7
Thanx to everyone, I have ultimately opened the doors! :) The puzzle was really great, though I did have a hell of a trouble figuring it out.(Guess, this is what makes it even more enjoyable) The problem was that I was using the Hints file way too frequently. Once I understood how the mirrors work, life became easier. Thanx once again.
Shock Trooper
Member # 455
Profile #8
Either I misunderstand the hints file (good chance), or one of its solutions is more complicated than it needs to be. To charge the beam emitter in the far NE (power source at 30,8), I didn't have to mess around freeing the mirrors that are trapped behind the beam that bisects that room. Using the lever at 46,44, I fired up the emitter in the "library" in the SE corner of the level and directed its beam to power the emitter in the NE room.

--------------------
Forgive them, for they are young and rich and white.