Perfect Forest Crash

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Perfect Forest Crash
Apprentice
Member # 5117
Profile #0
This might be a tech. support, but I thought this section might be more helpful to me since someone outside the company made the scenario. I finished the quest of destroying the perfect spirit, yet when I try to leave to the lost city, I get a crash. Anyone else had this problem? I went into character editor and got out of town, but am stuck in the woods with no way to get back to the other towns. suggestions?

[ Tuesday, November 23, 2004 13:30: Message edited by: arkadillo ]
Guardian
Member # 2476
Profile #1
It's a known bug that cannot fully be explained. Stareye thinks that it is the Avernum engine that causes the problem. See here:
Perfect Forest Bug

edit: didn't see that you asked what to do now, sorry. Just return to the mine - that's possible, the game only crashes when you leave it as far as I know. Activate the teleporter and continue with the game.

[ Tuesday, November 23, 2004 17:39: Message edited by: ef ]

--------------------
Polaris
Rache's A3 Site reformatted 2/3 done
Rache's A3 Site, original version
Apprentice
Member # 5117
Profile #2
ok, thanks. I will try to activate the portal. Does anyone know off-hand if I can't figure it out?

EDIT - Nevemind, just finished the scenario. Not a bad one overall. Just a couple of bugs in it....

[ Wednesday, November 24, 2004 08:13: Message edited by: arkadillo ]
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #3
Out of curiosity, what are the other bugs?

I'd love to fix the crash, but I cannot even replicate it on the Mac version. I have been forced to conclude that this is a bug in the engine and not in the scenario itself. If anyone has a solution, I'll look into it.

--------------------
Your flower power is no match for my glower power!
Posts: 3726 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #4
I've replicated this bug once, but unfortunately I didn't save it.

As far as I can tell, it has to do with too many different floors/terrains on screen at once. I once used the cobblestone path terrains and floors together accidentially and got the same bug.

Sometime I'll fiddle with it and try to replicate it again.
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #5
Feel free to play around with the file. It's dungeon 6 or 7 or something. If you can present a convenient fix, let me know.

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #6
I'll look at it. My solution was to erase part of the town and do it over, but I'll see if I can fiddle with it.
Apprentice
Member # 5252
Profile #7
I have been getting the same "Unhandled Exception: c000005 At adress: 00449288 when I try to leave.

I have been enjoying this scenario...but I have tried for hours to power the teleporter, but for the life of me, can't figure out the prper placement of the 2 mirrors!

So I am stuck. Can't leave the dungeon, can't move on! Help would be appreciated!

Flekester
The Establishment
Member # 6
Profile #8
You need to redirect the southwest beam. There should be a small corridor with a power device in it just south of the teleporter. Direct the beam there.

--------------------
Apprentice
Member # 5252
Profile #9
I finally figured it out! Stareye...great job!! I hope you will build on this storyline. The Nephil deserve a story too!!
Apprentice
Member # 5117
Profile #10
The only other bug I could think of was when I tried to exit out of the stone circle to the west. I got to exit out of it, but the party was completely stuck. I couldn't move them any direction. I think I was put into one of the tree segments, instead of an open area that we can travel to. Maybe that had something to do with it....