Where are all the Senarios?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Where are all the Senarios?
Apprentice
Member # 4777
Profile #0
I'v been away playing other games and decided to play this one. I wanted more senarieos since I was already done with the other ones and I only see 1 more since like 3 months ago! Why arn't any senareios being made?
Warrior
Member # 3035
Profile Homepage #1
Man its hard to build a nice decently sized scenearios. Just be patient and when they do start coming out your be glad that you waited

--------------------
Geneforge 3 Trainer for windows.
[NEWEST v.0.9 ~~ Trainer D/L Here (.zip, 103kb)
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #2
Scenarios are approximately eight and seven-fifths harder to make in BoA than in BoE. (I made that up, for the slow members of the class.)

Give it a while. I'm working on one, I'd bet money TM is, and there are probably plenty more.
Shock Trooper
Member # 3716
Profile #3
Must get myself new scenarios.. must get myself new scenarios yiai people, keep up the good job! there are lots of fans here waiting for next scen. :D

--------------------
"Inspiration comes from hard work" -Charles Baudelaire.
Apprentice
Member # 4777
Profile #4
Wow, I think im going to try to make 1, Like the game so much minds well waste my time building one. Even though I dont know how to use the editor, I think ill try to learn
Warrior
Member # 4566
Profile #5
i always here about people making scenarios,but now ,3 months later, none are out. It doesn't take that long,does it?

--------------------
samurai56:the video game guide you don't have to buy!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #6
Try it and find out.

There are little interruptions. My scenario is scant hours of work away from alpha, but I haven't been able to do much more than write a few lines of code since the end of August because of school. I honestly don't expect to be done until Winter Break, and possibly not even then.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 643
Profile #7
Yes I did mention I was making a scenerio, but I was doing it blind so to speak, using an unregistered version of BoA and simply playing around with the editor. For alot of us this time of year also doesn't bare alot of free time either, exams, extra work etc.

[ Monday, November 22, 2004 23:56: Message edited by: Mortimer ]

--------------------
Fine Meal is people!!!
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #8
Mortimer,
How did you get the character editor on the demo???
I tried to find it but the only demo-type editor I found was in BoE, not BoA!
Please reply

--------------------
The whole purpose of your life Might just be to serve as a warning to others.
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
[b]Meow! Subvert the dominant Paradigm! Meow! Meow![b] Wizard's Cat in A2
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #9
Assuming you are referring to the scenario editor, not the character editor, it is available from the Scenario Workshop. You can't actually play anything you make with it until you register, though.

The character editor is available through the Main Menu in the BoA app itself, but I'm not sure if it works in the unregistered copy.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.

Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #10
You're right, I did mean the Scenario editor. Minor typo. Thanks.

--------------------
Build a man a Fire and he will be warm for a day, set a man on Fire and he will be warm for the rest of his life.
Warrior
Member # 3575
Profile #11
The character editor does work some in the unregistered version of BOA but you can only use it to edit your gold, restore your party and pull yourself out of a town and maybe reset a town. You can’t use it to give yourself any items of up your stats.
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #12
You can add items, and special items, they are in 'advanced features', but you need to know the code. I once spent a hole day writing down codes for each and every item. e.g. for Avernum III the code for the Knowledge brew is 239.

--------------------
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #13
Given that this is BoA, it works slightly differently, Ian Kirdor. For instance, the list of items is given already (in corescendata) and the special items vary from scenario to scenario (but are usually listed in the scenario's scenario script).

Also, we were referring to the features in the unregistered Character Editor, which does not include the Advanced Features.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #14
damn, i want boa so bad... i got at least a thousand of scenario ideas... but hey, thats life.
maybe ill get it for christmas... hah.

theres really no way of playing other scenarios having only the demo huh?

[ Tuesday, November 30, 2004 09:10: Message edited by: Rent-an-Ihrno ]

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #15
I'm not sure if the point needs to be made again, but I will anyway: while you cannot play any scenarios but VoDT without purchasing BoA, the scenario editor is free and open-source, meaning that you can start designing and sketching out terrain and writing dialogue now and test out your complex ideas later when you actually purchase the game.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 3933
Profile #16
yeah, i knew that... *sigh* ill just have to do that, then.
not being able to play myself isnt as fun though.

--------------------
OH MY GOD IT'S THE FUNKY ****!!!
Apprentice
Member # 5038
Profile #17
Sometimes making a scenario takes so long you get bored of it/sick of it and stop.
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #18
I would go so far as to say that's what usually happens. The overwhelming majority of scenarios that are started are not ever finished.

--------------------

Apprentice
Member # 5038
Profile #19
Yes, but I mean stop, as in stop playing BoA altogether.
Agent
Member # 2820
Profile #20
Wasn't that the mentality among some of the community during the early stages on BoE? But for BoE, I think there was a steady stream of haphazardly made scenarios in the beginning, rather than extremely low numbers for BoA.

Over the previous summer ('04), I was seriously planning on purchasing the game and producing a nice little scenario that would, well, rock. But the more I thought about it, the more daunting the task seemed.

I think a large number of us, especially the particularly quiet members, are just waiting for a large number of people to buy the game before.

--------------------
Thuryl: I mean, most of us don't go around consuming our own bodily fluids, no matter how delicious they are.
====
Alorael: War and violence would end if we all had each other's babies!
====
Drakefyre: Those are hideous mangos.
Shock Trooper
Member # 565
Profile #21
I agree, we just have to wait it out (hard I know). I attempted to make my own senario but i dont have the understanding of making a game so i gave up quickly. To all the great people who do understand the senario maker we cant wait for more games :D :P

--------------------
If there is no light at the end of the tunnel, stride down there and turn the damm thing on yourself!

people often tell me i've lost my mind, but i tell them i have to have one to lose it!

lions and tigers and bears, oh my!
Apprentice
Member # 5038
Profile #22
I have a scenario in progress, but it'd be silly if I were to resend it for beta-testing after two months, no?
Warrior
Member # 5212
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Garrison:

Wasn't that the mentality among some of the community during the early stages on BoE? But for BoE, I think there was a steady stream of haphazardly made scenarios in the beginning, rather than extremely low numbers for BoA.

I have the full version of BoA, and only the demo of BoE, and I've tried out both Scenario Editors. The BoE Editor is way easier than the BoA editor. I only wish that I had the full version of BoE. ...*sigh*... :(

--------------------
Shock Trooper
Member # 3174
Profile Homepage #24
I tried to make one...however having no experience at it I failed miserably

--------------------
Aa' menle nauva calen ar' ta hwesta e' ale'quenle, melloneamin.
---------------------
Finder of impossible beta testing errors.

Pages