Luck objects! Where is the bonus?!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Luck objects! Where is the bonus?!
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #0
I already found two types of luck items i think. A cloak and a ring. One gave me 5 luck the other a plus 1! But NONE increased bonus stats like magical resistance! what's the purpose of them?
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
Luck gives you a small chance of not dying from an attack that would normally kill you.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #2
and that's it... hum... it's weird though cause i was expecting to see some more improvements since luck is suck a powerful characteristic in this game!
Apprentice
Member # 1043
Profile #3
You don't think something that prevents you from dying is powerful?

--------------------
"It's really lame quoting yourself"
-Edge
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #4
it is... but i like the magical resistance bonus the most! In Exile Luck was also ment for dying creatures do drop more gold/better items does this also go for BoA... (there should be a extended manual with this kind of stuff)
BANNED
Member # 4
Profile Homepage #5
Derived characteristics are untouched by item-gained stats. For instance, a priest wearing BS's antimagic necklace still has high rune reading.

Honestly, it's basically +10% Lifesaver with other added bonuses. If you think that cheating death ain't as good as elemental resistance... :P

--------------------
Posts: 6936 | Registered: Tuesday, September 18 2001 07:00
Apprentice
Member # 5202
Profile #6
to cheat death is good! but to not even be near it is much better! :D
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #7
Can we all agree that large explosions targeted at the enemies are way, way better than even NEEDING Lifesaver?
Infiltrator
Member # 4256
Profile #8
Large Explosions? Where do you get those? If effective they are much better but when the offense breaks down, a good defense is a good thing. I just prefer not ever losing enough HP to even be near to death.

--------------------
"Let's just say that if complete and utter chaos was lightning, he'd be the sort to stand on a hilltop in a thunderstorm wearing wet copper armour and shouting 'All gods are false'."
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #9
quote:
Originally written by m's avatar:

Large Explosions? Where do you get those? If effective they are much better but when the offense breaks down, a good defense is a good thing. I just prefer not ever losing enough HP to even be near to death.
Fireblast is a large enough explosion for me.

Or Arcane Blow.