Living Twice, with Twice the Frustration...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Living Twice, with Twice the Frustration...
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
I'm currently trying to get past 'You only live twice'. However, I'm encountering some complications. How do you get the green key that Skelwing drops when you kill it the third time?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #1
quote:
Originally written by Nioca:

I'm currently trying to get past 'You only live twice'. However, I'm encountering some complications. How do you get the green key that Skelwing drops when you kill it the third time?
You need to stop it from falling into the water (obviously). Push the crate so that it's directly below the quicksand.

You're on your own for the rest of the level, however; I never solved it, and that's only about as far as I've ever gotten.

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #2
Thanks. How bad is it that I never even knew that the crate existed?

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaDileciaThe Empire's New GroveExpress Delivery
Twilight ValleyWitch HuntWhere the Rivers Meet
Infiltrator
Member # 7488
Profile #3
quote:
How bad is it that I never even knew that the crate existed?
Don't worry, that's normal. The best place to hide anything is right where it can be found easily. It took me a solid month of playing to find the hidden level in the first row; when I did finally see it, it stuck out like a sore thumb.

I found that it's usually a good idea to scan the entire level, to see at least something of how it's put together (not to mention locating the exit).

--------------------
Either I'm crazy, or everybody else is nuts. And I know I'm not crazy because the little man who lives on my shoulder told me so.

If people don't think there's something wrong with you, there's something wrong with you.
Master Jeweller
Member # 409
Profile Homepage #4
Yep. I pause the game all the time to look at what's going on in other sections. Note that you can scroll around in pause mode, and if you press and hold F6, the screen's focus stays there. This may be helpful in some levels.

--------------------
Pieter Simoons, aka Radiant

Official Crystal Shard and SubTerra webpage
Infiltrator
Member # 2836
Profile #5
Like when you have to go through some monsters that go on preset paths, you can look for the pattern. Or of dropping rocks.