Care in the Community

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: Care in the Community
This Side Towards Enemy
Member # 3098
Profile #0
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

But the more topics in RW forumz the better RW will feel about his games. Therefore there may be a greater chance of a Galactic Core 2 being made.
Discuss

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: Never Proved to Be a Contributory Factor to Stomach Cancer
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #1
Man, you're not kidding with your PDN, are you? :P

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #2
So that's why topics in this forum get locked all the time.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Skip to My Lou
Member # 40
Profile Homepage #3
There isn't a Galactic Core 2? Then what have been playing?

--------------------
Take the Personality Test!
Deep down, you wish you were a stick figure.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #4
It is only through the Devout Rituals of the White Brotherhood that we may be made worthy of Our Lord's Return, when He will complete his Scouting Circuit of the Heavenly Spheres and thence usher us into the Heavens and we will set out to Conquer the Galaxy!

THAT, my lads, will be Galactic Core 2, and not some sissy little computer plaything!!!!

:P :eek: :P
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #5
The Galactic Core 2 will be used to convert others to the cause. We must compile a holy book of RW wisdom.

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #6
Hey, that's a good idea, VCH. I guess I could ask RW for Galactic Core 2 to be made into a game, and leave the RWRapture until GC 3. It would be good for publicity if nothing else.

Maybe, since GC wasn't exactly a spectacular or popular game, we could merely circumvent the whole "quality" issue by putting mind-control code into GC 2? You know, the player starts the game and the screeen goes all crazy, activiating all kinds of deep-rooted subconscious brainlocking bamboozlery, leaving the player a blank slate ready to be imprinted upon? Then the player pushes the ANY key and the ideological download begins... :eek:

Yessirree, there's some real potential here...

(Of course, some cynics would suggest I played the experimental beta version of Galactic Core 2 and not the original GC at all...)
Agent
Member # 14
Profile #7
FATHER MY CHILD, RICHARD WHITE

OH AND HOMELAND IS AWESUM YOU SHOULD TOTALLY MAKE A SEQUEL KTHX

--------------------
Dragyn Bob

"Abandon all hope, ye who enter here!"-The Divine Comedy
Posts: 1481 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #8
RW != maker of Homeland...

--------------------
-ben4808
Master
Member # 1046
Profile Homepage #9
baka

--------------------
Polaris - owns you.
Undead Theories - double U slash E
E Equals MC What!!!!
Member # 5491
Profile Homepage #10
quote:
Originally written by ben III:

RW != maker of Homeland...
Given that it is physically impossible for RW to father DB's children, I suspect there is a chance that you have completely missed the point.

--------------------
SupaNik: Aran, you're not big enough to threaten Ash. Dammit, even JV had to think twice.
Shaper
Member # 247
Profile Homepage #11
Perhaps RW is neither man nor woman but something of both and none at the same time. One thing is sure RW=Jah. So deserves a book of faith or a 6 paper..

--------------------
The Knight Between Posts.
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #12
GC3 must also be a mere computer game, for the actual conquest of the galaxy must wait for 'Blades of Galactic Core'.

--------------------
We're not doing cool. We're doing pretty.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Master
Member # 4614
Profile Homepage #13
Wait, wait. That's as copyrighted as Alo's sig.

--------------------
-ben4808
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #14
quote:
Originally written by VCH:

Perhaps RW is neither man nor woman but something of both and none at the same time.
Yea, verily, Pater Noster Ricardus Albus is
the Being and Unbeing,
the Thing and Unthing,
That Which Is and That Which Isn't,
the Surveyor of All That Is Unseen,
the Plumber of Unplumbed Depths,
the Congenitor of All Things Unspoken,
the Sound of One Hand Clapping,
the Most Unseen Falling Tree in the Forest,
the Dipper of Dippiness,
the Leader of the Unladen,
the Guilded Guildmaster of Guilt,
the Very True Divider of Things Undivided,
the Containier for the Thing Contained,
the Purveyor of All Conveyors,
the Pinnacle of Utmost Acmes,
the Aqueous Solution to All Ills,
the Straw the Broke the Camel's Back
He Who Rides Most Nobly Upon the Broken Beast,
the Grinder of Mighty Teeth,
the Wallflower of Whistling Coconuts,
the Proverbial Barrel of Monkeys,
and He Who Hast Disappeared Yet Cashes Checks.

Yea, verily? Yeah, "verily." Very.

—The Third Book of Mystic White, Chapter 8, Verse 1.0.3b

EDIT: Sorry, I got the reference wrong. It should be:

—The Revenge of the Son of Mystic White, Chapter IV, Verse 01101101

Every time this holy book is republished they change the title and pagination, and split the text into new sections. I was consulting the one printed by Christcage Enforcers, Ltd. in 2003, rather than the more recent edition published by Jimminy Cricket's Chainsaw in 2005. They both have a tin-foil dust jacket, so I grabbed the wrong one by mistake.

[ Wednesday, June 29, 2005 12:55: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #15
Icshi, dude: you're startin' to scare me ...

--------------------
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #16
Right now I'm taking refuge from the troll in General, but maybe this isn't the safest place... Anyway, Icshi's devotion is both amusing, and I dare say, appropriate. Everything must have a balance. Unfortunately, Icshi is the only one who really finds RW games amusing (but I happen to like GC quite a bit, so I guess he's not the only one after all), so he has to carry the burden of all of the positive comments. The result is a balance, but also major fanaticism.

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #17
This troll is having a tediously long run. I'm tired and grumpy enough today that I don't want to run into trollish replies in the middle of any topic I've been following, so I'm reluctant to open anything. So for me, today, this is a denial of service attack.

I am somewhat interested in the countermeasure I'm trying on General now. Nobody else seems interested in it, though, alas. I'm not sure whether they don't understand the concept, or would just rather take their chances with troll intrusions than turn General into a chatroom under UBB by giving every poster a dedicated topic, and discussing by editing.

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #18
quote:
Originally written by Slp006:

Everything must have a balance. Unfortunately, Icshi is the only one who really finds RW games amusing, so he has to carry the burden of all of the positive comments. The result is a balance, but also major fanaticism.
Exactly. I have to exaggerate everything just to try to keep things roughly even. It's funner and funnier that way!

And remember, I would never deify a human being just because he created a game that's not quite as bad as everyone (most of whom haven't even played it) says it is. Likewise, cults are destructive forces for evil devoted to the betterment of one man at his misguided followers' expense.

I am a staunch opponent of any cultish religious organization, and have consistently devoted myself to opposing their doctrines, literature, and recruiting efforts, and I deeply resent the insinuation that my screwball postings are anything other than the imaginary and light-hearted flights of fancy that they so obviously are. My life is an open book, and it can clearly be seen that I have no affiliations of any kind with such organizations, and have never supported them in any way.

Yours sincerely,

Icshi
Mongolian Barbeque
Member #1528

--------------------
Supervising Editor
Religious Non-fiction Department

Shriekingskulls Press
http://www.shriekingskullspress.com/

(A supsidiary of Jimminy Cricket's Chainsaw
(which bought out Christcage Enforcers, Ltd.
[which was formerly Martyrs of the Flatulent Dragon, Ltd.
{which merged with My Head's In A Basket, Publisher}])

"Proudly serving the outer fringes of the cult and occult communities since 1964, 1972, 1983, and 1996."

"Have a new cult and want to promote it? Write off for our free brochure. We can have your new holy book typeset and ready for publication in under a month. GUARANTEED OR YOUR MONEY BACK!"

EDIT: Oops! My business signature wasn't supposed to show up with this particular post... :eek:

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:08: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #19
quote:
Originally written by Icshi:

My life is an open book ... .

Abdul Alhazred could say the same.

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:10: Message edited by: Student of Trinity ]

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #20
Yes, the Necronomicon is one of our best sellers. Though, oddly enough, we never hear again from anyone who's ordered a copy...

[ Thursday, June 30, 2005 12:17: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #21
I would like to complain that the Necronomicon was poorly edited. It also suffered some damage in shipping and often reverts to shapes that do not obey the normal laws of three-space.

Furthermore, my entire family has died gruesomely and my head hurts.

Do you give store credit for returned books?

—Alorael, who was rather impressed by the translation work, though. It's hard to get that kind of thing set down properly in one language, much less three. At the same time, as it appears. Superimposed.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #22
Sell yours on e-Bay, and order a new copy from Amazon. Customers who ordered The Necronomicon also ordered:
Prolegomena to Any Future Metaphysics and The Complete Garfield.

--------------------
Mongolian Barbeque
Member # 1528
Profile #23
quote:
Originally written by Byte -1:

I would like to complain that the Necronomicon was poorly edited.
I would like to respond to this criticism by saying: Congratulations! You're the first of our Necronomicon customers who've resurfaced! You must've taken the extra precautions recommended in the leaflet that comes with each copy.

If only more people would read all the material that comes with their book shipment, and not just throw it all out assuming it's advertisements.

quote:
It also suffered some damage in shipping and often reverts to shapes that do not obey the normal laws of three-space.
Well, we can't be held liable for damage incurred in transit.

...I just got to thinking. Maybe your copy was damaged enough that it was rendered ineffective, hence your unprecedented survival?

Oh, and don't worry. The flagrant disregard for accepted spatial geometry is pretty normal with this item. We here at Shriekingskulls Press like to call it a "blasphemous, nightmarish, Stygian crime against Nature™," and one of our favorite things to do during slow times here at the office is to make each other dizzy by swaying the Black Affront to the Natural Order (found on page 68) in front of each other's faces. Great fun.

quote:
Furthermore, my entire family has died gruesomely and my head hurts.
Well, okay, mostly ineffective. Apparently your copy hadn't lost all of its zing.

quote:
Do you give store credit for returned books?
Yes, but if you think we're going to take back you're damaged copy and give you a perfectly good one for free, then you've got to be out of your mind. You expect us to pay for UPS' mistakes? Hardy-har-har with knobs on.

We may be stupid enough to print a book capable of plunging the cosmoc into Unending Chaos and turn all life into the tortuous playthings of Azathoth, but we know an avoidable financial liability when we see one.

quote:
Alorael, who was rather impressed by the translation work, though. It's hard to get that kind of thing set down properly in one language, much less three. At the same time, as it appears. Superimposed.
Well, if you liked that, you'll love the new edition. It's in Arabic, Greek, Chaucerian English, Latin, Icelandic, Japanese, and Classical Mongolian. And like the old edition, in order to save space and production costs, all of it is printed on top of each other, but thanks to the counter-Euclidian geometry inherent in the text itself, each languages folds out mysteriously into separate columns as you read it.

And the full-color pages are strawberry flavored, making it a perfect Christmas gift for the true polyglot necromantic bibliophage in your family.

It comes in a nice rubbery grey faux-leather cover (indistinguishable from real Old One epidurmus, though far less expensive). Also included is a slipcase made of human skin (it's even washable!).

It costs a mere $420, with $70 shipping and handling (we send it using the least expensive and least reliable shipping method, and pocket the rest). We also have a handy installment plan, only $90 per month for 6 years.

If you are dissatisfied with your current copy, we'll be more than happy to send you a complimentary copy of this new edition for $420 plus $70 S&H.

Order now and you'll get a free raffle ticket to become the next human sacrifice to Dagon!

[ Friday, July 01, 2005 11:06: Message edited by: Icshi ]
Warrior
Member # 5986
Profile #24
Icshi, that is my new favorite post of all time...

must...purchase...Necronomicon.

Richard White shall become black soon enough.

Lichdom, meet a new man!

--------------------
Wu wei... it's the only way

Pages