Terminator 3!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Terminator 3!
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #0
I'm so excited about T3 that everything I do reminds me of the Terminator movies. Every game I play reminds me of the Terminator and consequently I end up going on a killing spree with every game I play. Is anyone else this excited about T3?
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #1
Hopefully not. Try and go outside for a while, without a gun.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
BANNED
Member # 2385
Profile Homepage #2
Yes, I own the first two movies, and am looking forward to the release of T3.

--------------------
I get energy from your jealousy. Ever wonder why I'm so hyper?

The Abyss Scenarios, Forums, Graphics...
E-Master's Graemlins Come take a look.
Miscellaneous Get to the closed misc. forums!
Where's Waldo? Can you find Waldo in less than a minute? *Evil Grin*
End of World Da end is coming!
Apprentice
Member # 1494
Profile #3
I haven't seen any of the Terminator movies. Is there a story, is is just some mindless violence?
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #4
I haven't seen them either, but I'd bet on the latter. I can tell enough from the previews, especially when he's like "She'll be back." That pissed me off so much, there's no way I'm going to see it. To answer your question, whoever started this, no.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #5
Of course, I am also keen to see the next in the Terminator series but the more the spend, the worse it gets. They had to water down the violence in T2--where cars got killed, not people, like the old A Team--so they could bring the classification down to 15. A 12 for T3, with five times that budget? I also thought the 'good' terminator bit in T2 indefensible, defusing the whole man v. machine theme that powered the original movie.
Warrior
Member # 2155
Profile #6
Terminator 3... The first two movies were good, but it seems Universal is just bent on resurrecting a dead series for more profit. Indeed, I enjoyed the first two movies simply because of their senselessness, the sheer mindless bloodbath effect of them. However, I somehow get the feeling that this release is meant to in competition with The Matrix. Yes, Terminator already did the whole "depressing post apocalyptic man vs. machine" bit long before the Matrix series was even envisioned. The difference is that the Matrix was based to appeal to the more intellectual plot based movie goers as opposed to those who just want to sit back and enjoy a good blood bath. And in this violence wussy-ed day and age, you can’t get by on just a meaningless bloodbath anymore.
Further, if you look at the history of "resurrected" movie series, (*Cough* Star Wars *Cough*) I simply do not think this movie will fly. It will disappoint the old fans, and won’t be original enough to attract new ones. I'm more than sure it will have all the special effects on earth (as this is a trademark of the series), but it won't have half the blood as the second, one fourth the blood of the first, and if it remains true to the series, not an ounce more plot than either of them.
However, as a fan of the series (started by watching Terminator 2 with my grandpa at age 5), I honestly hope I’m wrong on this one.

---Your R rated maniac, Necris Omega

--------------------
Sanity is a relative concept. And like most my relatives, I rarely see it.
"The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits." ~ Albert Einstein
Infiltrator
Member # 2669
Profile Homepage #7
I would just like to add:
Arnold Schwarzenegger has had quadruple bypass surgery. Take that as a sign.

--------------------
Posts: 647 | Registered: Wednesday, February 19 2003 08:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #8
The Terminator series is not dead, T2 was made 7 years after T1, T3 is made 12 years after T2, not that big of a difference. The Terminator movies are not just midless blood baths, they're about the human condition and our self destructive nature.
Shaper
Member # 496
Profile #9
I thought what passed as 'philosophising' in Matrix Reloaded was sophomoric toss, frankly. People are easily impressed - or hopefully not.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #10
Well it was thought-inspiring, but unfortunately if you think about it too much you start noticing all these innaccuracies and all... it was a pretty good movie anyway.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Shock Trooper
Member # 549
Profile #11
I wasn't talking about the time travel stuff. I was talking about the characters and how they're like us and how they explemplify parts of us we never really see. Like how in T1, Sarah Conner, an ordinary woman becomes an extraordinary person at the end of the movie, and had the strength within her to destroy an unstoppable killing machine. In T2, a Terminator, a killing machine, is actually able to learn the value of human life at the end where John Conner commands him to go but he says: "I now know why you cry, but it is something that I can never do." He knew that he had to destroy himself in order ensure the survival of humanity, even though at the beginning, he didn't care if he succeeded or failed because he only did what he was programmed to do, so in a way he becomes more human than most humans.