Attention All: Possible Virus Warning!

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Attention All: Possible Virus Warning!
Shock Trooper
Member # 954
Profile #0
I've received 2 very suspicious e-mails over the past couple of days. One from spidweb@spidweb.com and another from an ex member of these forums. My virus checker wouldn't allow me to open these and each one had an attachment. Each was 120kb large. If you get something suspicious like this DON'T open it. This same thing happened about a year ago and with several members receiving these things. I opened one and it crashed my computer and I had to take it to the shop to get it fixed.

This may not been started by one of "us", but probably got into someone's address book and spread from there. So, everyone, please be warned.
BANNED
Member # 3121
Profile Homepage #1
Well, the SW mailing list was hacked a while ago. That might be still that. Now they've fixed it, though.

--------------------
- WITH LOVE, THE OL' RELIABLE BOYLOVE, TO BE EXACT
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #2
I keep getting e-mails from Alcritas - in FRENCH, no less!

Yes, this virus is alive and well. It taps into people's nicknames list so as to send messages that look like they come from people you know. :mad:

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Shock Trooper
Member # 3073
Profile Homepage #3
That is why you need to block your E-mail from everyone except friends, family and Spidweb and other places you have to recieve E-mail from.

--------------------
"It's cool to be a robot." Scud

"Half human, half robot, all Sicilian." Tony Tastey

"|||| ||| |||| ||| ||| |||||?!? Drywall

"I'm calm.....GET THE HELL AWAY FROM ME." Don Vito
Infiltrator
Member # 2104
Profile Homepage #4
I can't do that. My email thing sucks. You can't specify email addresses to block. :(

--------------------
Professor Frost gives me ideas.
Professor Frost has many an eye.
Professor Frost always foils my plans.
Dance the Banned Dance
Member # 3052
Profile #5
Eh, you could try making a new account if you wanted to. The problem is you would have to tell everyone else what the new one is, though.
Shaper
Member # 73
Profile #6
Why, exactly is this topic in the BoE forum?

--------------------
My BoE graphics archive is finally getting started! Yay! I hope you like my graphics.My BoE Graphics
An absurdly fun Flash game- Refridgerator Raid!
---------
The Lyceum- A board for BoE. Yes it is. Really. Stop staring at me! Stop it, I say! Oh, sorry...
BoE Posse
Member # 15
Profile Homepage #7
This topic started in the BoE forum and I moved it here - makes more sense to be here.

--------------------
All that we see, or seem, is but a dream within a dream.

Visit the Louvre, the BoA Graphics Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boa/louvre/
Visit Alexandria, the BoE Scenario Database at http://www.personal.psu.edu/bxb11/boe/alexandriajs/
Posts: 653 | Registered: Thursday, September 27 2001 07:00
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #8
Or simply do like I do and scan over your e-mail and delete everything from everyone you don't know then, open the ones that look important on your mac. Also don't worry too much about your Yahoo account since almost no one e-mails you on it.

Or should I make a more general purpose version of that?