Payment System...

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Payment System...
Apprentice
Member # 2925
Profile #0
My friends got me to doubt this payment system.
How can I assure them( and now me also! ) that giving my credit card number is safe?! I'm so comfused!

--------------------
What am I?
Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #1
How did they get you to "doubt" the payment system? Really, you can give your credit card to pay for your dinner and wind up getting screwed by a credit card thief. Read Jeff's comments on the system and buying from the internet. Read the details on your credit card contract...most cover for theft anyway...and-if you are referring/alluding to the email problems when the hacker got the list-read Jeff's notes on that...he stated clearly that credit card numbers etc were not compromised. I have purchased twice through the links on this site and have had a great experience with it. Have you had a problem?

I have never before dealt with such a responsible, friendly shareware company such as Spiderweb. I feel like when you buy from Spiderweb you become "part of a family" and I feel safe and secure that Jeff takes care of us, his customers and fans.

Also, if the friends are that paranoid, there are alternative ordering methods outlined on the site. I understand some concern, but, despite the media reports there are honest, good dealers online; the bad ones just get all the press. I would say to them "I had no problems. Jeff and his company are great! Buy today!"
SCORPIUS HAS LEFT THE BUILDING!!!
Member # 314
Profile Homepage #2
I had no problems the three times I used their payment system. I haven't heard any other complaints on this board either.

--------------------
CLICK HERE IF YOU LOVE JESUS

ADoS is like a magical punching bag that swings into your fist even when you're not trying to hit it. -Djur
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #3
Even if your credit card number would get stolen, the company will pick up the bill for you. So there is no risk, as long as you check your monthly statements carefully. And I've heared of more credit card numbers stolen in regular stores then online.

PS And I can also say that I haven't heard any complaints about Spidweb. In fact, one time I accidentally payed them twice for the same game and they didn't charge my card the second time.

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However, well-placed word, unlike a well-placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #4
You could read Spiderweb's official statement on their online ordering system.

—Alorael, who would say the best recommendation is that there are several thousand members on these boards, most of whom have purchased at least one game and none of whom have ever mentioned problems with online ordering. But if you're still worried, take Felwynne's advice and order by phone or by mail.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #5
Oh man. Don't let Alec see this...

By the way, due to my mom's paranoia, I have ordered every Spiderweb game I own by mail. It takes about a week, and I'm in New York, all the way across the country from Seatle.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

In case of emergency, break glass.
Guardian
Member # 2080
Profile #6
I usually order by mail, mainly cause I'm under 18 and have no credit card. Yay for Money Orders, the prefered way of paying stuff as far as I am concerned.

[ Friday, May 02, 2003 17:30: Message edited by: Lone Flame ]
Triad Mage Banned Veteran
Member # 165
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally posted by iDavid:
Oh man. Don't let Alec see this...

By the way, due to my mom's paranoia, I have ordered every Spiderweb game I own by mail. It takes about a week, and I'm in New York, all the way across the country from Seatle.

What? I ordered every game from them from E2 to A2, and in each case by credit card.

Stop blowing hot air at people.

--------------------
desperance -- je me souviens
arena -- et je me souviens de vous
(TGM)
Veteran*
Member # 2286
Profile #8
"Let me blow your birthday candles.."

[ Saturday, May 03, 2003 07:49: Message edited by: iMister ]

--------------------
Meet the savior. KYMCO Super Fever will force you to do so. Haw.
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #9
Never mind, I thought this was gonna spark a long rambling complaint against Jeff, Spiderweb, and everything involved with either.

--------------------
And though the musicians would die, the music would live on in the imaginations of all who heard it.
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.

Warrior
Member # 2893
Profile #10
I don't see how anyone could complain. I ordered a two games on a Friday morning (from work :) ) got the code before I left work and got the cd and letter on the following Monday. I live in upstate NY. Excellent service! Excellent games! BoE is next....
Fire! Fire! Fire! Fire!
Member # 919
Profile #11
A3 for me, I seent it this morning. Let's see how long it takes.

--------------------
-The Last Pendragon

TEH CONSPIRACY IZ ALL

Les forum de la chance.