SMACKDOWN THA VOTE

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: SMACKDOWN THA VOTE
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #0
quote:
CLINTON, OBAMA MCCAIN FIGHT FOR YOUR VOTE ON "MONDAY NIGHT RAW®" TONIGHT

The night before an important Pennsylvania primary, Presidential candidates Sen. Hillary Clinton, Sen. Barack Obama and Sen. John McCain will each make a very special appearance on a three-hour edition of WWE®'s "Monday Night RAW" tonight on the USA Network starting at 8 p.m. ET.

WWE encourages each of its fans in Pennsylvania to Smackdown Your Vote! for their favorite candidate on Tuesday.

http://vote.wwe.com/
I know many of you may look down your noses at this, but personally I couldn't be happier. I've felt ignored this whole election campaign, and to see the candidates finally paying attention to my demographic (wrestling fans) makes me remember that I live in the greatest democracy in the world.

Wrestling fans are typically seen as "stupid" or "hicks" but wrestling is a very complex sport infused with a complicated web of drama and I don't think we get enough credit for understanding delicate political issues.

Anyway, here's to the candidates, and I hope Triple H gives the Undertaker a total beatdown! :)

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

[ Monday, April 21, 2008 16:39: Message edited by: Scorpius ]

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7252
Profile #1
WHOO! Watching two candidates go for a fake sport! What would they think of next?

--------------------
But after revenge is taken, nothing remains but a painful scar...
You ain't evil until you hear this!
Looking for group to slaughter the world..
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #2
Even though I don't watch it, I feel that calling it "a fake sport" is a retarded argument. It is entertainment, just like everything else on television. Yes, including baseball, hockey, and football. They aren't sports unless you are playing. They are entertainment.

You'll have to do better than that if you want to dismiss an entertainment industry that is worth millions.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Shaper
Member # 7420
Profile Homepage #3
How about calling it blatant public homosexuality?

--------------------
You lose.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #4
I blame Nixon. If he hadn't gone onto Laugh-In and then won the presidency, then politicians would never have contaminated entertainment television.

Also Laugh-In correctly predicted the years that then Governor Reagan would be President Reagan. *sigh*
Shake Before Using
Member # 75
Profile #5
quote:
Originally written by Scorpius:

(...) I live in the greatest democracy in the world.
...better than that "America" place where this is happening, amirite? :P
Shaper
Member # 3442
Profile Homepage #6
Wrestling is fake, sure, but so is just about every stunt ever filmed for a movie, or even TV show. Does knowing that Dick Van Dyke doesn't actually have a flying car ruin the film for you? (Salmon, everybody else: saying "yes" does not make you clever. :P )

What turned me off wrestling was the poor attempt at putting a story on the whole shebang. That, coupled with grown men grappling each other for the entertainment of other grown men.

--------------------
Nikki's Nook - we are the dollars and cents, and the pounds and pence.
Infiltrator
Member # 8
Profile #7
quote:
Originally written by Nikki.:

Does knowing that Dick Van Dyke doesn't actually have a flying car ruin the film for you?
I...wait...what? :(

--------------------
"Names is for tombstones, baby." -Mr. Big
Posts: 699 | Registered: Thursday, September 20 2001 07:00
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #8
I like what you did there. Way to turn the spotlight on me.

:P

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."