New user titles

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: New user titles
? Man, ? Amazing
Member # 5755
Profile #100
quote:
Originally written by Nemesis.:

And that is exactly why excessive and unnecessary spam is frowned upon here.
I think adding more layers of metaphors, like a cake, or an onion, is the best way to upset the applecart, as it were, and at some point the whole house of cards will go tumbling to the ground, like the walls of that ancient city.

--------------------
Synergy, et al - "I don't get it."

Argon - "I'm at a loss for words..."
Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #101
quote:
Originally written by Jumpin' Salmon:

I think adding more layers of metaphors, like a cake, or an onion, is the best way to upset the applecart, as it were, and at some point the whole house of cards will go tumbling to the ground, like the walls of that ancient city...
...on a hill, all around which all the green grass grew, which was greener on the other side of the fences which were better than neighbors.

[ Monday, March 24, 2008 23:58: Message edited by: Ephesos ]

--------------------
Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #102
quote:
from the toilet to the sewer. And that is exactly why excessive and unnecessary spam is frowned upon here.
Hey now, fiber is good for the digestion. All those content-rich posts can really block up the tubes.

quote:
...on a hill, all around which all the green grass grew, which was greener on the other side of the fences which were better than neighbors.
Markov much? :P
Agent
Member # 8030
Profile Homepage #103
quote:
Actually, it's less like a boat and more like Southwest Airlines.
I've flown on one of those planes twice, and they're only rough during landing. It's like your rapidly bobbing up and down. So UBB is a plane full of passengers, but it's reluctant to land and change course? These analogies are confusing.

--------------------
Decca Records - "We don't like their sound. Groups of guitars are on the way out."
Lifecrafter
Member # 6700
Profile Homepage #104
Law Bringer makes me think of Dr. Zaius.
I know, it's "Law Giver", but still...

--------------------
The Silent Assassin could not think of anything witty enough to post.
Ole!

--------------------
-Lenar Labs
What's Your Destiny?

Ushmushmeifa: Lenar's power is almighty and ineffable.

I like speaking my mind, when the voices let me hear it.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #105
Well, I for one, love my new title. Now all I have to do is post very, very slowly so that I have it until the next changeover. Shouldn't be too hard.

Edit: Aw, craters! It was just fine the first and second time. Quit messin' with it. I wonder if I can put on 180 posts before the next change...

*sighs*

How 'bout those Bears?

[ Wednesday, March 26, 2008 17:30: Message edited by: Jewelz ]

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs and Scenarios!!!!!
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Electric Sheep One
Member # 3431
Profile #106
Hey, I think 'Infiltrator' is the best title. Even better would be 'Interloper', but this is as close as they get for now.

I think it isn't exactly a changing of the guard, that now Geneforge takes over from Avernum. A5 is proof that Avernum is anything but dead. But Geneforge is the other half of Spiderweb now, so it's only fair that it gets a turn.

'Law Bringer' does seem a bit lame, though, somehow. I'd endorse replacing it with 'Thorn Flinger'.

--------------------
Listen carefully because some of your options may have changed.
Posts: 3335 | Registered: Thursday, September 4 2003 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #107
How about "600 lb. Drakon" instead?

—Alorael, who isn't sure that's a reasonable Drakon weight. Maybe Gazers instead.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #108
I'm fine with Infiltrator (for now anyway), but I too rather wish the powers that be would make up their mind about something. :rolleyes:

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)
Warrior
Member # 7213
Profile Homepage #109
quote:
Originally written by Redstart:

quote:
I can combine the 2 different posts into 1 and still have a post I'll need to fill as it seems that normal board maintenance is not possible here. If I combine them I'll still leave an empty post.
Yes, UBB sucks that way. Salmon's post was more of a tip for the future.
quote:
Isn't it time to upgrade to something that works? Just dump it all if you have to and get it right. Encourage members to re-post. Make a downloadable zip for an archive. Something besides all this nipping at my heels, and anyone else who rocks the boat.
Yes, the time to upgrade was years ago. The problem is finding someone with the time, energy and resources to do it. Also, it might be a question of money.

Well, I was frustrated because I'd gotten public warning posts about multi-posting. The UBB wouldn't allow me to delete any errors I made, then corrected. Made peace with all concerned.

Then there was a flurry of posts reflecting UBB's problems and no cure.

I saw something interesting when I logged in today. At the top of the page it said:

"If You Get Errors When Trying To Make a New Account - We have been having some trouble with the board software. E-Mail Us and let us know if you are having problems, and we will fix it. We plan to upgrade the board software this year."

I have no idea if my "rant" had a part in this. However. If it did then it was worth the loss of 1 star of karma.

P.S. If you go below 5 stars once is 4 as high as it will ever be again?
microphage

--------------------
Aide: (tugging at General's pant leg from ground..) "Sir! Please get down!"
General: "What!?! They couldn't hit a Drakon from that dist..."
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #110
Regarding karma: best we don't talk about it. Trust me; it's really not important at all.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)

Pages