A Question on C++

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: A Question on C++
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #0
Alright, I've been doing some light experimentation with the C/C++ language. I was curious as to whether C/C++ works on both Windows and Macintosh, or whether it's strictly a Windows language.

Also, does anyone know where I can find a reference guide to the windows.h header file? Or just where to find the windows.h header file?

--------------------
Hz'ii'zt a'iiencf coxnen a'bn'z'p pahuen yzpa'zuhb be'tt'phukh'kn az'ii'ova mxn't bhcizvi'fl?

Nioca's Citadel - A resource for BoA graphics and scripts, as well as my scenarios.
Apprentice
Member # 8411
Profile #1
C++ being platform dependent relies totally on what libraries you're using. The standard C++ library is platform independent. Windows has it's own library's and header files. I would check out www.cprogramming.com
and www.cplusplus.com

[ Wednesday, March 12, 2008 09:25: Message edited by: Drakemoore ]
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #2
By Nioca:
quote:
I was curious as to whether C/C++ works on both Windows and Macintosh, or whether it's strictly a Windows language.
I could just cry...

Anyway. If you're working on a Windows box, all bets are off on where your include files are located. If you're using a GUI compiler (like Dev-C++), you should be able to check where it looks for the include files directory (I'll boot into Vista when I get home and double-check this).

And as the previous post says, do try to use the standard libraries whenever possible instead of OS-specific ones. Of course, for any moderately complicated program, you'll have no choice but to use the platform features (for instance, POSIX features are available on Mac OS X and most Unix-like systems, but not for Windows unless you do some acrobatics first).

EDIT: Hmmm. Apparently I don't have Dev-C++ anymore, but MinGW. The directory is C:\MinGW\include, which probably doesn't help you much.

--------------------
c++; /* Increments the size of c, but returns the original value. */

[ Wednesday, March 12, 2008 16:13: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Lifecrafter
Member # 7538
Profile Homepage #3
quote:
Originally written by Drakemoore:

www.cplusplus.com
Awesome reference. It got me through the C++ classes I've taken.

--------------------
Do not provoke the turtles.
They do not like being provoked.

-Lenar

Always remember, kids: every time you 'lol', God kills a kitten.

My website: Nemesis' Refuge (Last Update: 3/7/08)