Any word on mac compatibility?

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Any word on mac compatibility?
Apprentice
Member # 7802
Profile #0
Just curious if anybody has news on whether we should expect the new Mac OS to be patched to make the graphics programs inside older spiderweb games work? I still haven't gotten around to playing all the spiderweb games I have right now and my computer is slowly dying so if the OS doesn't fix itself to the game or the games to the OS I might have to buy a discounted CD to get a windows copy... which would be really annoying given that I'd either have to buy additional OS to run a new mac under dual boot or borrow my wife's computer to play. I'd like my interest in the older spiderweb games to outlast this computer without costing me that way.
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #1
I do think this topic should be in the Tech support.

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
I think the last word was Jeff blames Apple and is waiting for them to fix the problems since it isn't exclusive to his software.
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #3
Well I just booted and played through 5 minutes of A1-3 and BoA. None of them displayed the graphics corruption that was occuring when I first installed 10.5. I'm running 10.5.2 so either Jeff fixed it or a patch fixed it. Either way it should be golden.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #4
The 10.5 graphical errors have all gone away with 10.5.2. The slowness of the older games was only a 10.4 thing. So, if you're running Leopard, and it's fully updated, you should have no problems.

[ Friday, February 22, 2008 17:08: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Warrior
Member # 8131
Profile Homepage #5
Totally off topic but if Spiderweb made something new with the old Avernum style engine in a higher rez (1024x768 or higher) I would die a happy man. Not that Avernum 5 isn't the greatest game they've ever made because it is but I loved the A1-3/BoA engine. It made for such a vast feeling world and I'm a keyboard functioning man.

I've now booted Avernum 1-5, BoA, and Geneforge 1-4. They all seem to operate successfully in 10.5.2.

P.S. Avernum 5 really is the best. I didn't sleep for 2 days after I got it. If I'm ever in the Washington area I owe Vogel a beer for making so much entertainment for so few dollars.

--------------------
http://www.goozex.com/trading/asp/join.asp?idr=412684821
alexkaltsas.com
Shock Trooper
Member # 9906
Profile Homepage #6
Tyran will probably buy him Nethergate Ale....

--------------------
Vivan los Drayks! Viva Khyryk! Vivan los Serviles! Vivan los Travokites!
Tastes like Bambi, delicious
No matter what name I have, people can call me Xel
Pylons! this is what you send to blizzard if they cancel Starcraft 2.