Spidweb engine language

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Spidweb engine language
Apprentice
Member # 8411
Profile #0
I'm currently a student and I'm just curious as to what programming language the engine is coded in?

I'm guessing C since it was more widely used at the time spiderweb software was founded though it could easily be C++ I imagine. I know a lot of mac programmers which code in mostly C.
...b10010b...
Member # 869
Profile Homepage #1
I believe the Exile series was in C. From around BoE onwards he started moving to C++, and it's all C++ now.

--------------------
The Empire Always Loses: This Time For Sure!
Lifecrafter
Member # 7331
Profile Homepage #2
I read that somewhere in the little "Shareware Workshop" part of the site. Programming looks devilishly complicated, but an interesting pastime.

--------------------
We as a race have grown complacent with our computers and thinking machines. The Old Ways of thinking have been lost for millenia. Now, they have been found.
Apprentice
Member # 8411
Profile #3
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I believe the Exile series was in C. From around BoE onwards he started moving to C++, and it's all C++ now.
Ah interesting, thanks.

quote:
Originally written by Drythentor:

I read that somewhere in the little "Shareware Workshop" part of the site. Programming looks devilishly complicated, but an interesting pastime.
Oh I didn't notice about shareware workshop, was a good read.

Though I wonder if Jeff will pop in and give any details. :P Doubtful though.
Shock Trooper
Member # 5181
Profile Homepage #4
quote:
Originally written by Thuryl:

I really do wonder about how much C++ that JV actually uses.
Infiltrator
Member # 5576
Profile Homepage #5
Very little I'd guess; there's almost nothing in the BoA Editor code that wouldn't be pure C.

--------------------
Überraschung des Dosenöffners!
"On guard, you musty sofa!"