Beta wait time

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Beta wait time
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #0
How long after Jeff Vogel closes the beta-tester application form does it take before you know you're a beta tester (or, you can give up hope)?

--------------------
Microsoft is like a herd of dragons with amoebic dysentery: massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

Death takes a holiday.

How not to do it: "Hi, Mr. Dragon. I've come to destroy you, so would you mind if I borrowed your Fireproof Skin Balm recipe first?"
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #1
Figure on at least one week and maybe a few more days after that from the time that applications end. Jeff only sends replies to the ones he wants.

You can expect another wait of 3-4 days from the time you send in your non-disclosure agreement.

After that you get your instructions (very brief ones) and information on how to access the latest beta version.
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #2
PHEW! I was already getting tense and worried. (If you haven't guessed yet, I signed up to test Avernum 5.)

--------------------
Microsoft is like a herd of dragons with amoebic dysentery: massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it.

Death takes a holiday.

How not to do it: "Hi, Mr. Dragon. I've come to destroy you, so would you mind if I borrowed your Fireproof Skin Balm recipe first?"
Lifecrafter
Member # 7557
Profile #3
A bit belated but welcome to spiderweb software. Please leave your sanity at the door.
:D :cool:

btw: Your sig is the best I've seen for years.

--------------------
I have just realised I have reached 200 posts. The problem is I have absolutely no idea how I made them!
Apprentice
Member # 10408
Profile #4
Thanks! The first part is adapted from something I read on the Ambrosia Software webboard, the third part something I said on that board, and... well, I'll let you find out about the second part. :-J

--------------------

Death takes a holiday.