Question about Avernum Trilogy CD

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).
AuthorTopic: Question about Avernum Trilogy CD
Apprentice
Member # 9919
Profile #0
Ok, this is kind of a dumb question, but how does the Trilogy CD work? I'm thinking of buying it because I like the first three's demos, and I want to get them all, and I figure I can save a lot of money buying the CD ($45) rather than each one individually ($75)

Does the CD just come with registration codes or full versions of each game? Also, are the Avernum games that come on the CD exactly the same as the ones you would download, i.e., they have all the same stuff, same gameplay, same story, character editor, etc.? I'm curious because the CD sounds like a really good deal and I want to make sure It's not because the Avernums that come on the CD are not the same.

Thanks in advance!
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #1
If you get the CD, you get a full version of all the games. It really is a great deal.

—Alorael, who checked the ordering and noticed two funny things. You can no longer get Nethergate (Resurrection or the original) with another order at a huge discount, and Nethergate is now the single most expensive Spiderweb game.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6785
Profile #2
The CD-ROM includes the registration codes so when you install from it the full version is ready. Real handy if you need to reinstall.

It also has demo versions of the other games, so you can try them out and later register them without having to download them (except Nethergate Original that is on a separate CD).
Warrior
Member # 8872
Profile #3
I've also noticed that an hintbook is no longer sold for BoE! I guess that makes me special, for I have one. I can only wonder why it was removed.

--------------------
"The mouth is like the city gate. Opening it lets the soldiers of stupidity into the world."
--Shaper wisdom from G2

The Mystic: "Vista is a rather funky and finicky OS to begin with."
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #4
There was never a hintbook sold for BoE - the hints came in the instruction book.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
I didn't get an instruction book when I bought BoE :(

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Agent
Member # 1934
Profile Homepage #6
Are you talking about the hintbook and instruction manuals for Exile 3? I didn't think there was one for BoE.

--------------------
You acquire an item: Radio Free Foil
Triad Mage
Member # 7
Profile Homepage #7
BoE came with an instruction manual when I got it, but maybe Jeff never bothered with a reprint when he ran out.

--------------------
"At times discretion should be thrown aside, and with the foolish we should play the fool." - Menander
====
Drakefyre's Demesne - Happy Happy Joy Joy
Encyclopedia Ermariana - Trapped in the Closet
====
You can take my Mac when you pry my cold, dead fingers off the mouse!
Posts: 9436 | Registered: Wednesday, September 19 2001 07:00