The REAL list

Error message

Deprecated function: implode(): Passing glue string after array is deprecated. Swap the parameters in drupal_get_feeds() (line 394 of /var/www/pied-piper.ermarian.net/includes/common.inc).

Pages

AuthorTopic: The REAL list
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #0
I've finally gotten around to organizing all the Spiderweb related links I dug up so I present you with:

The REAL Comprehensive Spiderweb Links List

Ok, so I left off The Asylum. I may or may not include it at a later date. In the meantime, if someone could give me a description of what Motrax's Lair has to offer("Always with the crashing of the browser."), that'd be great.

If you know of any sites I've missed, let me know. Unlike some other people who have said the same thing, I actually will update my list.

--------------------
Forever Always on Past the End

TrueSite for Blades - Blades Walkthroughs
Pixle Profusion - BoE Graphics Archive
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #1
Excellent work Jewels, another service to the community.

Motrax's lair's ToC says: (quoting below)

What does this Exile Page contains?

My new scenario archive.
And links to the best scenario sites on the internet.
My Custom graphic Archive
674 pictures, drawed by me and some other Exile artists. Also links to the best graphic sites.
Hints
Read how to kill the most powerfull monsters, solve the hardest riddles and avoid the nasty traps here.
My Exile Music Archive
Add music to your Exile games
Links to the best Exile sites
If you like Exile, you have to check out this section!
Sign my guestbook
Please sign my guestbook before you leave
View my guestbook.
Read my guestbook here.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Off With Their Heads
Member # 4045
Profile Homepage #2
Warning: Motrax's site plays music at you.

--------------------
Arancaytar: Every time you ask people to compare TM and Kel, you endanger the poor, fluffy kittens.
Smoo: Get ready to face the walls!
Ephesos: In conclusion, yarr.

Kelandon's Pink and Pretty Page!!: the authorized location for all things by me
The Archive of all released BoE scenarios ever
Posts: 7968 | Registered: Saturday, February 28 2004 08:00
Cartographer
Member # 1851
Profile Homepage #3
So. It's Croikle, by the way. Also, no Desp? I mean, fair enough it might not be suitable for younger audiences, and perhaps in a way on the quiet side, but it's.. still. And you chose to include my personal web site in there, but not the Geneforge part? My writings don't really relate to Spiderweb. :\ If it gets people reading, okay, no complaints there, but.. still.

EDIT: But, you know, other than that no problems that I see. Excellent listing work. Well done.

[ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 05:09: Message edited by: Reluctant Big Sister ]

--------------------
Pannaan kaikki hippulat vinkumaan! ^_^

Ooh! Homepage - Blog - Geneforge, +2, +3 - My Elfwood Gallery and DevArt page
So many strange ones around. Don't you think?
Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #4
Most excellent. A couple things I noticed.

* Imban has a subdomain at Desperance; the link you want is http://imban.desperance.net/boa/.

* It's Bain-Ihrno, not Bain-Ihron.

* And moi ( IMAGE(http://www.ironycentral.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ubb/IB_graphics/homepage.gif)).
Meh, not much, but on the other hand, if Dallerdin gets an entry... :P

--------------------
Really, if the lower orders don’t set us a good example, what on earth is the use of them?
- Algernon

[ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 06:49: Message edited by: Dintiradan ]
Law Bringer
Member # 6489
Profile Homepage #5
You might want to list my A1 Quest List under Avernum, the Blades Chat Database under BoA, and the Spiderweb Music Database somewhere. Also, tyranicus.dreamhosters.com/scenarios will work for the Scenario Database, but blades.nethergate.net is much simpler. :P

[ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 08:43: Message edited by: Tyranicus ]

--------------------
"Dumbledore returns from the dead and declares it to be hammertime, Harry proceeds to break it down, Voldemort is unable to touch this." —Dintiradan
Spiderweb Chat Room
Avernum RPSummariesOoCRoster
Shadow Vale - My site, home of the Spiderweb Chat Database, BoA Scenario Database, & the A1 Quest List, among other things.
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #6
I am flattered, but you got the Polaris one wrong. Not only didn't I found it, it predates my arrival on Spiderweb by quite a while. And even now, I'm the newest admin on the team and I'm not the one paying the hosting.

Oh, and [insert unflattering acronym for BoAC] still exists?

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #7
quote:
Originally written by root:

I am flattered, but you got the Polaris one wrong. Not only didn't I found it, it predates my arrival on Spiderweb by quite a while. And even now, I'm the newest admin on the team of 6 (5 of which have recently posted, in case you're wondering) and I'm not the one paying the hosting. ;)

I'm also wondering if splitting up and limiting the Ermarian references to just the part that relates to Spiderweb might be a good idea? The Encyclopedia and PPP are more, uh, useful than my Blog and Nano stuff. Or just list those separately and lump the rest in with the Ermarian Network...

Oh, and you can scratch the feeds part. That's part of PPP now, and the old page redirects.

BoAC still exists?

Who should I credit Polaris to then? Logalot or no one specific?

I was thinking about splitting up your site but couldn't decide how, thus you have what you get. I'll think about it more.

Yes the BoAC still exsists. Last post was three months ago, though.

--------------------

Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #8
quote:
Originally written by Reluctant Big Sister:

So. It's Croikle, by the way. Also, no Desp? I mean, fair enough it might not be suitable for younger audiences, and perhaps in a way on the quiet side, but it's.. still. And you chose to include my personal web site in there, but not the Geneforge part? My writings don't really relate to Spiderweb. :\ If it gets people reading, okay, no complaints there, but.. still.

EDIT: But, you know, other than that no problems that I see. Excellent listing work. Well done.

Gah... I was hoping no one would notice Desp(like that'd be possible)... Yes it's been left off on purpose. Not because I hate the place but if I can do something (or neglect to do something) that will keep a child's innocence intact for one more day... I'd like to do it or not do it as the case may be. Really it has as much right to be on the list as Polaris but... I think Ashley starting to read very well has made me more cautious. I don't know... I'll take more feedback on the issue and decide later.

All other corrections/suggestions will be updated shortly.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #9
If your goal is to include everything (or at least the important everythings) then you need to include, well, everything. With whatever description is appropriate.

Dikiyoba.
Law Bringer
Member # 335
Profile Homepage #10
You could attribute Polaris to the original band of murky conspirators, but many of that band have little or nothing to do with Polaris now. Logo is the host, so he's the best, but does it really need one name attached to it? It's a forum. It's by everyone on the forum.

—Alorael, who thinks all forums make more sense without any particular creator. Also, a disclaimer about how it's impossible to include absolutely every satellite board would help.
Posts: 14579 | Registered: Saturday, December 1 2001 08:00
Law Bringer
Member # 2984
Profile Homepage #11
Pretty much, yeah. I was thinking Logo too, but that doesn't really work the same way as Tyran works for SV or Djur for Desp. Although if I remember the history (which predates me, as said), he did lead the original crew.

Jewels: I'd just suggest splitting away the most useful services (PPP and EE) from the monolithic rest. :)

Also: Hoping nobody would notice the omission of Desp? That's like saying "I think Kelandon is loads better than that stuffy philosophizing martyr person" and hoping the thread doesn't become a shouting match.

(Well, back before TM got banned.)

[ Tuesday, August 21, 2007 23:39: Message edited by: root ]

--------------------
The Noble and Most Ancient Order of Polaris - We're Not Yet Dead.
EncyclopediaArchivesStatsRSS (This Topic / Forum) • BlogNaNoWriMo
Did-chat thentagoespyet jumund fori is jus, hat onlime gly nertan ne gethen Firyoubbit 'obio.'
Nuke and Pave
Member # 24
Profile Homepage #12
Thanks for compiling that list.

If I ever make a BoE page, I'll make sure to call it 19th BoE site, to guarantee top position on the list. :P

quote:
Originally written by Dikiyoba:

If your goal is to include everything (or at least the important everythings) then you need to include, well, everything.

I don't see Sarasaphilia's board on that list. Or Iffy's. Or, if you want to go with historic satellites, Arctic's, Frahhamn's, Bobsushi's, etc.

[ Wednesday, August 22, 2007 11:01: Message edited by: Zeviz ]

--------------------
Be careful with a word, as you would with a sword,
For it too has the power to kill.
However well placed word, unlike a well placed sword,
Can also have the power to heal.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #13
quote:
Originally written by Zeviz:

I don't see Sarasaphilia's board on that list. Or Iffy's. Or, if you want to go with historic satellites, Arctic's, Frahhamn's, Bobsushi's, etc.
If any of the historic satellites are still up I'd like to include them as history if they aren't already attached to sites I have up. Need links, plz. BoAC was put on Fora because back three months ago (when I first started the list) there was current activity. I will probably take it off the fora section if it stays dead.

Sara and Iffy's sites are not up because... well... must I explain? Kind of the same reason as Desp but in a different way. (To be fair, I was unaware Iffy had a fora. /w he's on my baleet list)

--------------------

Law Bringer
Member # 4153
Profile Homepage #14
...BoAC had activity? When was this? I thought it had only seen a steadily-growing army of bots posting ads in the Announcements.

--------------------
TM: "I want BoA to grow. Evolve where the food ladder has rungs to be reached."

Gamble with Gaea, and she eats your dice.
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #15
Well, I didn't stop in to see if it was a bot or not. I just checked the date of the last post.

Anyway, Diki is right. Everything means Everything. It's a good thing though. I had forgotten about the BoE Arena Archive at Desp. That one deserves it's own link as does Pyg. And The Roost does look pretty active, including it's Geneforge sections. I could't find Iffy's site though.

--------------------

Councilor
Member # 6600
Profile Homepage #16
Iffy's isn't related to Spiderweb in any way, so you can get away with leaving that off. You also misspelled important in the second sentence of the introductory paragraph.

Dikiyoba.
Shaper
Member # 7472
Profile Homepage #17
For future reference, Not in your Shed, the board whose creation is attributed to Muffin, was not created by our resident pastry, but by a Roost member. It is in no way a satellite forum nor is it related to Spiderweb. Thus, you can definitely leave it off.

EDIT: Odd. Dikiyoba's post wasn't visible a minute ago...

[ Thursday, August 23, 2007 21:06: Message edited by: Nioca ]

--------------------
Scenarios need reviews! Please rate these scenarios at the CSR after playing them!
AmnesiaWitch HuntWhere the Rivers MeetFoul Hordes
La Canaliste
Member # 5563
Profile #18
Links to dead ezboards and some nostalgia: here .

--------------------
I am a mater of time and how .

Deep down, you know you should have voted for Alcritas!
Raven v. Writing Desk
Member # 261
Profile Homepage #19
Jewels, this is still great.

You should list TrueSite -- the links page might technically be part of it, but many people will get to it from elsewhere, and it absolutely deserves to be listed.

Similarly, you might include the Periodic Table and the Deathmatch Memorial (*cough*) in the other stuff section.

One minor correction -- EE is not really "by" Arancaytar (let alone "Arancaydar"), as it is a community effort -- "maintained by" or "organized by" might make more sense.

Also, I notice that there are no sites for Avernum 4. Is this really true? That's a statement if I ever saw one.

--------------------
Slarty vs. DeskDesk vs. SlartyTimeline of ErmarianG4 Strategy Central
"Making poorly-sourced claims is not the same as determining something."
Posts: 3560 | Registered: Wednesday, November 7 2001 08:00
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #20
Originally written by Yama Toman?:
Jewels, this is still great.

You should list TrueSite -- the links page might technically be part of it, but many people will get to it from elsewhere, and it absolutely deserves to be listed.

I thought I did. *checks* Yep. Right there second to the bottom in both BoE and BoA lists. If you've been there recently the link turns purple, maybe that's why you missed it.

Similarly, you might include the Periodic Table and the Deathmatch Memorial (*cough*) in the other stuff section.

Periodic table? Sure. Deathmatch Memorial? When it's finished. ;)

One minor correction -- EE is not really "by" Arancaytar (let alone "Arancaydar"), as it is a community effort -- "maintained by" or "organized by" might make more sense.

Grr... stupid broken keyboard keys. <_<...>_>

Also, I notice that there are no sites for Avernum 4. Is this really true? That's a statement if I ever saw one.

Avernum Hints by Mike Middleton has a section for it but so far it states, "I have not yet got very far playing Avenum 4, let alone writing any notes or hints for it. " I must confess, I haven't finished playing it either* though I bought it at the same time as BoA. One will turn up eventually, I bet.

*read as - I've only played the demo.

--------------------

Guardian
Member # 6670
Profile Homepage #21
By Slarty:
quote:
I'm guessing that by the time Avernum 4 came around, people realized the futility of making redundant walkthroughs and just depended on Schrodinger's. That, and the fact that a lot of the Avernum 4 resources are kept here.

--------------------
"I've always wanted to have something eight inches long. Just not my thyroid."
Agent
Member # 2759
Profile Homepage #22
I have a page on Avernum 4, but my site is only listed under Exile 1.

--------------------
"Blink and you're dead... Don't turn your back, don't look away and don't blink."

Geneforge 4 stuff. Also, everything I know about Avernum | Avernum 2 | Avernum 3 | Avernum 4
Infiltrator
Member # 4784
Profile Homepage #23
quote:
Originally written by Micawber:

I have a page on Avernum 4, but my site is only listed under Exile 1.
You are correct, sir. I think it had something to do with me starting the list one way, procrastinating for a month or two, and deciding to do it another way when I came back to it.

All fixed now.

--------------------

Warrior
Member # 7254
Profile Homepage #24
Stormhall

Posting this mainly because some of the few graphics I've upped were used in the 24 hour contest.

[ Saturday, August 25, 2007 09:45: Message edited by: Dekos ]

--------------------
tgm.ermarian.net

Pages